Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 9mm PC Charger, and have been doing some minor mods on it. Of course, added a SB Tactical FS1913A brace on it. The main issue is, that for a right handed shooter, moving the charging handle to the left side is the best location for it- however the brace hits it when folding it, keeping it from collapsing flat.
I was trying to figure out some way to modify it to fold to the right side of the gun, and addressed the issue to SB Tactical- who informed me that if you open the hinge, there is a 1/8" Allen screw that holds the brace arm onto the hinge- simply take the screw out- turn the brace 180 degrees- and put the screw back in. Remount the brace to the pistol "upside-down"- and the brace now folds to the right- completely flat.
This setup now makes it near perfect! .
Now looking for a tactical backpack that will just fit the combo with the barrel off and a couple of extra Glock 32 round mags.
BTW, I was fortunate to get this from Brownell's for only $649 when they had stock a month or two ago.... worth waiting for, considering what everyone else is selling them for...
Especially on GB.

Ruger_2.jpg
Ruger_1.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice setup, I have virtually same except a Romeo 5 red dot and the mag release I went with the Mcarbo one. I am waiting for the TK recoil spring and shock block to be delivered, see if it reduces the recoil any, reviews claims to do so. As far as tactical backpack I have no recommendations, I carry mine in a soft sided briefcase with a shoulder strap, that way no one knows the wiser.
I was able to get mine on GB 2 months ago $675 delivered to FFL, more than I wanted to spend but i have been eyeing this for a few months and figured it was time to literally pull the trigger, and it was worth the disdained looks I got for a few weeks after I showed up home with this undiscussed prior to purchase, easier to ask for forgiveness compared to permission ;)
The biggest gripe I have with this firearm is no easy option for a rail at the 12 o’clock (top) of the handgaurd. I have 45 offset iron sights as a close quarter backup, but having the front sight out on barrel handgaurd would help with accuracy greatly, have you heard of any options for this? I put a question to Tandemkross and Mcarbo so see if they are able to manufacturer something like this. Other option is to find a gunsmith or metal manufacturing company that’s verse in firearms that could correctly mount one or cut a mlok slot on top to get a mlok to picatinny Adapter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally found a Browning range bag I had that works perfectly, right down to holding three 33 round Glock mag's in a top pouch.
Wonder if you could somehow attach a piece of Picatinny rail on the existing rail- perhaps by drilling/tapping- so the radius could be extended? Perhaps a rail section 10-12"long?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally found a Browning range bag I had that works perfectly, right down to holding three 33 round Glock mag's in a top pouch.
Wonder if you could somehow attach a piece of Picatinny rail on the existing rail- perhaps by drilling/tapping- so the radius could be extended? Perhaps a rail section 10-12"long?
I, too have the TK buffer installed. Their spring, as I understand from them is a direct replacement spring, for replacing a week spring, I would not expect to notice any difference with their spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So TKs logic and claim of 20% stronger is assuming the OEM spring is weakened 20% from use :). Mcarbo had a spring that claimed 15% stronger and reviews said they noticed a recoil reduction along with pad change as well, but I don’t see Mcarbo springs for sale anymore on their website for charger or carbine. Did you notice any recoil reduction or any change with the buffer pad change?

As far as rail I am not keen to extending existing due to the fact it negates the takedown ability. If I get brave I might find a quality rail that has mounting screw holes such as an Mlok style to screw down after I tap and die into it. Been waiting to see someone else do it so I get some insight if it’s a good idea or not. Worse case if it doesn’t work is I created a couple extra heat vent ports for when I dump four 33 rd mags in short order, that is if/when ammo becomes available at reasonable prices again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gun is new... I haven't had a chance to get out and shoot it yet, I live in Maine, winter is cold & snowy- and my range is 30 miles away, so I don't have a stock vs. modified view. Still waiting on trigger shims to shim the trigger & hammer, and a Fab Defense GRADUS Grip.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was thinking of getting a rubberized grip as well, the polymer one can get slick with moisture, eyeing the Magpul MOE K2+, gets angle more reduced like the Gradus, but I do like the looks of the Gradus. But I might do some looking and see if there’s any grips that can securely hold a 10 or possibly 17rd mag in it.
How do you like the tactile feel of that victory trigger? I am not sure I would like the ergonomics of it being so straight, I have a 10/22 I have had for years so it felt good the way it is. I wouldn’t mind the lighter trigger pull tough when dumping mags, might have to wait to see if Mcarbo makes one for the Charger in near future, I guess the Carbine one they have doesn’t work properly with Charger.

Here’s a bag option for ya, if you want incognito :)...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info! I just picked up my PC charger yesterday and installed the brace today. Good to know it can be reversed as I was thinking of switching the charging handle to the left side also.

Thinking of the Holosun 507C for an optic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the info! I just picked up my PC charger yesterday and installed the brace today. Good to know it can be reversed as I was thinking of switching the charging handle to the left side also.

Thinking of the Holosun 507C for an optic.
If you are a right hand shooter, the charging handle on left makes it easier for sure, if it’s only right you have to twist the firearm and reach over to charge it, or take your firing hand off grip. If you do put charging handle on left it would be wise to switch brace to folding right to prevent possible interaction of the handle and brace if you need to fire with it folded for whatever reason. My SB FS1913 Brace gets rubbed by the factory charging handle but my oversized handle knocks it pretty good, but with brace folding right it’s no issue. There is no issue with my brace folding right either with firing operation, casings hit the handle an directs them more up and forward
if you want easier/quicker mag changes I would recommend a larger mag release. Mcarbo makes a more protruding one, Tandemkross makes a large platform one. Depending on what you like they both will do the job.
I have heard good things about Holosun, I am sure you won’t go wrong. I have the Sig Sauer Romeo 5, I got it for a great price at sportsman warehouse, under $100. I like the Romeo 5 for the auto on feature,which is great for home defense to not have to worry about turning it on in a high stress situation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the additional info Wicket. I appreciate the review.
Oh and congratulations on getting a PC Charger Wacarry, you will love it! That is if you can keep feeding it, ridiculous how much and how scarce ammo is lately.

I looked up that Holosun 507c, looks like a nice unit, nice and compact. It has the shake awake as well, you will like that feature. Also looks like the V2 version might have more stout controls compared to X2 so look into which version you might get. I have never used a Holosun so I can’t compare it to anything else.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the Holosun HS510C on mine... before the gun ever got shot, the hold down latch broke on mine, Holosun sent me a new base in about a week. Like the optic other than that.
Have the Tandemkross trigger... not quite happy with the trigger angle, hoping the straighter grip angle of the Gradus grip will help. My trigger finger has a slight downward cant as a result of a fall on ice a few years ago. It doesn't change the trigger pull like, say- an Apex trigger kit would. Same geometry, same pull weight.
I have the Tandemkross mag release and the extended bolt lock- HIGHLY recommend them, Really perfect.
Holosun_1.jpg
Holosun_2.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the Holosun HS510C on mine... before the gun ever got shot, the hold down latch broke on mine, Holosun sent me a new base in about a week. Like the optic other than that.
Have the Tandemkross trigger... not quite happy with the trigger angle, hoping the straighter grip angle of the Gradus grip will help. My trigger finger has a slight downward cant as a result of a fall on ice a few years ago. It doesn't change the trigger pull like, say- an Apex trigger kit would. Same geometry, same pull weight.
I have the Tandemkross mag release and the extended bolt lock- HIGHLY recommend them, Really perfect. View attachment 150188

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arrrghhh! I cannot edit these posts! The edit button does nothing. I can't get these duplicate pictures off of here- and now this duplicate post!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Arrrghhh! I cannot edit these posts! The edit button does nothing. I can't get these duplicate pictures off of here- and now this duplicate post!
At least it wasn’t an embarrassing dic pic you were trying to get removed :) haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
Still waiting on trigger shims to shim the trigger & hammer, and a Fab Defense GRADUS Grip.
Have you received the Gradus grip yet? If that grip has a storage opening, can you see if the SR9 mag will fit up into it. The factory grip or the Magpul K2+ is not large enough to allow the mag to fit up in it. I am looking at a way to house a spare mag, and that seems like a logical place being unused.
kinda like this:

EDIT: Here is a company that makes a AR grip that holds a Glock mag, no beaver tail so not sure what that would look like. I contacted them to find out if it would take the SR9 mags or is it Glock dedicated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i haven't gotten my grip yet... believe it's somewhere between Israel and the US....
I believe it has an open grip- with no cap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts