Ruger Forum banner

1661 - 1663 of 1663 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm buying one for several reasons. One of them is that the mechanics of them interest me, which is also a reason I own some of my other guns like my Ak-47s. The main reason honestly, having never shot one before, is that I want to be a well rounded shooter and a revolver is one of the only action types I don't have yet when it comes to pistols. I've got a Sig P220 and P226 Mk 25 to check the DA/SA autoloader box, a Polymer 80 Glock 17 clone and Sig P365 representing striker fired, a Ruger MkIV for .22LR, and a Dan Wesson 1911 covering SA. I'll be getting a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp edition later this summer to add revolvers to my skill set and looking forward to the experience. I'll also be getting into reloading driven in part by the price of revolver ammo but also because I've discovered a fondness for shooting small groups with rifles and match grade .223 and 6.5 grendel gets pricey in a hurry.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My interest in firearms varies during the year. Last year it was semi-autos, this year it is revolvers. I enjoy the flexibility.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like revolvers for their uniqueness and the history behind them. I reload, so I shoot 38 Special / 357 Magnum, 44 special / 44 Magnum, 45 colt at a relatively inexpensive price. I can load each of them up like gentle puppy dogs or raging beasts in power. Mine include:
NAA Sidewinder 22lr/22mag
Ruger LCR 38sp+p (my cpl gun)
S&W 686 38/357 mag
S&W 629 44/44 mag
Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45colt
Ruger Vaquero Birdshead 45colt

1661 - 1663 of 1663 Posts