Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my interest with handguns with the plastic semi-autos and have several wonderful firearms. I didn't think much about revolvers until recently. I started with a couple of Taurus's and then moved to Ruger. Now I'm eyeing a S&W 686. I think I'm going from aspirins to crack.:eek:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
You sir...have a serious problem! The solution to your problem is to feed it! My first gun was a 6.5" Stainless Ruger Single-Six in .22lr and .22 Mag...and it keeps forcing me to do just that!

Nice start!

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
revolver

CAUTION: If you buy a S&W 686, you'll need to check in 'cause you'll have reached the real hardcore level !!:)

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
While I own and use glocks and springfield xds and other polymer framed guns no handgun is as beautiful to me as a deeply blued revolver with good stag or walnut grips.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
You know the libs could present all kinds of "proof" that a Single-Six will lead you to buy a Redhawk Alaskan......:D

I'm partial to stainless, but any revolver that is well machined and finished is a true work of art. Something most semi-auto pistols just can't match.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That is a nice group of revolvers! How do you like The Judge?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Very nice colection. But revolvers and pistols are like small batch bourbon and single malt scotch..... It's ok to love BOTH!

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,322 Posts
I think I'm going from aspirins to crack.:eek:

Wait until you get to the pure heroin! I just got home with a second generation 5 1/2" blue-case hardened Colt SAA in .45 Colt made in 1959.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Nice collection of Revolvers!'

Nah send them to me first! I will put them to good use, by the way willyH nice collection there! Get the 686 you will like it!:D

·
Super Moderator
21,491 Posts
I'm now classified as a senior citizen and started with revolvers. I then went to semi auto's for a while and finally asked myself why as I was chasing my brass all over the range. Now I am a confirmed wheel gun guy.

WillieH: I don't see a 44 mag in that group. Hey thats an absolute must and what no single actions. Nothing like a slick single action. Oh you have a lot farther down to fall.;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I started out with one SP-101 and thinking it would be the only handgun I ever owned. I never even thought of myself as a collector. It seems I just keep finding other handguns that I really like, to include semiautos. I still don't really consider myself a collector, but I am outgrowing the little safe I got a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts