Ruger Forum banner

Revolvers

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Taurus_9mm 
#1 ·
Taurus M94, .357 Tracker and .500 Magnum Raging Bull. :D

[:eek:)]

See less See more
#3 ·
It sure is! :D On the upside, the weight of the RB helps a lot with all that recoil she generates, though the downside is when you hold it/shoot it for any length of time, you really begin to feel the burn in the forearms.

It'd be nice if Taurus sold so many of one model with porting and so many without -- I have heard others say they'd buy some of their revolvers if they weren't ported. I do like the porting on the Raging Bull but would prefer if the .357 Tracker didn't have it.

#5 ·
deputy125,

On the M94 I have at the moment, the d/a pull has gotten better with time and is smoother and feels lighter than when new. I think the heavy d/a pull is probably the biggest issue addressed with the M94s in general. From the others I've owned, and from what I've heard from other owners, just about all of them have a heavy and/or gritty pull initially.

I shoot it s/a 99.9% of the time though. For a good solidly built plinker, they're hard to beat at the price -- which is (or was) roughly $200 less than a comparable S&W 617.

Gun Broker has a blued M94 NIB starting at $254.95

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76041208

and a stainless at $288.95

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76041207

#6 ·
quote:Originally posted by Taurus_9mm

deputy125,

On the M94 I have at the moment, the d/a pull has gotten better with time and is smoother and feels lighter than when new. I think the heavy d/a pull is probably the biggest issue addressed with the M94s in general. From the others I've owned, and from what I've heard from other owners, just about all of them have a heavy and/or gritty pull initially.

I shoot it s/a 99.9% of the time though. For a good solidly built plinker, they're hard to beat at the price -- which is (or was) roughly $200 less than a comparable S&W 617.

Gun Broker has a blued M94 NIB starting at $254.95

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76041208

and a stainless at $288.95

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76041207
Man, I wish I had my FFL01 so I could get deals like that!

#8 ·
Thank you Neophyte. I'm a novice when it comes to taking nice looking pics of firearms -- there is a guy on TFL who has a lot of his pics posted and they look like they were done by a professional photographer -- but I think of the ones I've taken, these probably have turned out the best. The .500 seems pretty photogenic too. LOL

Thank you again!

#9 ·
i thought taurus some years back was gonna introduce a re-make of the old colt hunstman semi-auto .22 pistol---even saw it in an old taurus catalog---taurus i guess passed on it. Always thought it would be a winner.

#10 ·
Yeah, seems there are some things they do go ahead and release and some that never see the light of day. They're supposed to be releasing a Raging Bull in .223 but I haven't heard anything more on it recently. Seems they're focusing more of their manufacturing on the 24/7 PRO series and PT1911s with demand being what it is. Raging Bulls, from what I've heard from others, are difficult to come by brand new at the moment, especially the .500 Magnums. They also have a prototype 10mm revolver but not sure if that'll be put into production either. If they do, I'll get it. :D

#19 ·
SgtKnuckles -- It'll take the bark off the tree, the the leaves, the branches ...and a few well placed shots make take the tree down as well. LOL :D With a few heavy loads it also feels like it's taking the skin off my palms.

Very nice Kansas45! Did it take you long to adjust to the ribber grip? It did for me after I first got mine but after holding/shooting it a few times, it didn't feel stranger any longer. And it's a good at soaking up that recoil. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.