Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 445 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My two birds

Would love to have the cylinder rollmarking removed, fluted, and BP camfer on the shopkeep'. Also a set of black/grey laminate grips.

Make it a true mini-me.
Cool picture - nice set! If you could pull off those mods that would be a real sweet Bearcat and a true one-of-a-kind. I love seeing guys make these things their own. Good luck!

·
Banned
1,197 Posts
The elusive and mythical Colt "Pinkerton" SAA revolver. This one appears to be a movie prop and I am not even sure any of these were ever made by Colt or even made from Colt SAA revolvers.

EMF Hartford Pinkerton model. Not a movie prop.

Uberti Pinkerton model, also not a prop.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am currently at work and unable to post. When I get home this evening I'll post before and after pics of my Boars Head.

Rod

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here is the Readers Digest pictorial of my Vaquero Birdshead to Boars Head.

Vaquero Birds Head 3.75 in barrel; 45 Colt

Vaquero with Blackhawk hammer and refurbished factory site

Boars Head without pommel; still a work in progress.

Rod

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya Frank. Just put my grip panels in the mail to Rod's gunsmith for the same checkering. Looks terrific.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmmm.......Maybe I'm missing something! I was going off of the published specs in my RENE guide which lists it at 3 5/8". Same guide lists the New Vaquero at 3 3/4". I took this at face value ("it's in print so it must be true") but didn't actually measure it myself. Now I will go get the gun out and measure it on my own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just measured with my digital micrometer and ...... 3 3/4" (3.7580). Proves the old saying - you can't believe everything you read!

Thanks Rod!

1 - 20 of 445 Posts