Ruger Forum banner

381 - 400 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
my 2 pretty birdies

Here is my .44 mag New Vaquero fresh from Ruger and my new New Vaquero .45 ACP.Both shot great today!I am surprised how I noticed the difference in size and weight on these two guns.I had an old broken set of Ruger bonded ivory grips I shaped as best I could....some places were shy of material so I centered it and both sides are not bad.They are much wider than the stock stocks and slip a little easier in the roll in my hands.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here is my .44 mag New Vaquero fresh from Ruger and my new New Vaquero .45 ACP.Both shot great today!I am surprised how I noticed the difference in size and weight on these two guns.I had an old broken set of Ruger bonded ivory grips I shaped as best I could....some places were shy of material so I centered it and both sides are not bad.They are much wider than the stock stocks and slip a little easier in the roll in my hands.

Very cool. How do you like shooting the 44?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
.44magnum

Very cool. How do you like shooting the 44?

Well I am a recoil junky so I really love that little flame thrower.But it will shoot much better than I can as Ruger sent a target with my gun when they returned it to me from repolishing and tuning.It showed a group about the size of an orange dead center in the bull @ 15 yards!So to answer....YES I love this gun and also it's little brother the blue bird .45 APC I just got home.I made these from an old broken set of bonded ivory and they fit ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well I am a recoil junky so I really love that little flame thrower.But it will shoot much better than I can as Ruger sent a target with my gun when they returned it to me from repolishing and tuning.It showed a group about the size of an orange dead center in the bull @ 15 yards!So to answer....YES I love this gun and also it's little brother the blue bird .45 APC I just got home.I made these from an old broken set of bonded ivory and they fit ok.

What all did Ruger do for your gun?

·
Registered
152 Posts
repair

What all did Ruger do for your gun?

I wanted the finish better and POA and POI were adjusted and they fit the grip frame to the grips and did what they called "adjusted the action" .All was done and returned in my hands in 21 days.SUPER good service from Ruger once again!And the smooooooothest action of all 4 of my Ruger singles.They also sent a target shot @ 15 yards and all were inside a tennis ball group centered in the bull!Hikup41

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wanted the finish better and POA and POI were adjusted and they fit the grip frame to the grips and did what they called "adjusted the action" .All was done and returned in my hands in 21 days.SUPER good service from Ruger once again!And the smooooooothest action of all 4 of my Ruger singles.They also sent a target shot @ 15 yards and all were inside a tennis ball group centered in the bull!Hikup41

Interesting. I was not aware that Ruger did custom work. How does one inquire?

·
Registered
152 Posts
custom work?

Interesting. I was not aware that Ruger did custom work. How does one inquire?

As far as I know Ruger does NO custom work but they DID do a very nice job on what they did as a warranty service.The finish was so much better but still a production gun and not perfect....just so much better that the first time I saw it.As far as what they did inside,it was not custom work either but "adjustments" to the action was done.Ruger is very good on customer service but like has been said before on here many times,they NEED to be as these sloppy guns come out to begin with and some need to go back.Better to do it correct the first time and customer service would be much better off.
Hikup41

·
Registered
89 Posts
As far as I know Ruger does NO custom work but they DID do a very nice job on what they did as a warranty service.The finish was so much better but still a production gun and not perfect....just so much better that the first time I saw it.As far as what they did inside,it was not custom work either but "adjustments" to the action was done.Ruger is very good on customer service but like has been said before on here many times,they NEED to be as these sloppy guns come out to begin with and some need to go back.Better to do it correct the first time and customer service would be much better off.

Hikup41

Thanka

·
Registered
89 Posts

Hikup41

Was the warranty work the adjusting of POI to POA? Did they trim the front blade and serrate?

·
Registered
152 Posts
POI/POA

Was the warranty work the adjusting of POI to POA? Did they trim the front blade and serrate?

That is the way it is as it is a Talo special run and the other New Vaquero in .45 ACP birdshead I have does not have that feature i.e. the "trimmed and serrated" blade.They replaced the blade as it was a bad solder job the first time and also was bent to the left.The new blade is more to the right correcting my POI issues and no more extra solder or grooves from mis-polishing.My ACP New Vaquero Birdshead shoots a very tight group with most factory ammo I have used so far but does print high and that is more uncommon then shooting low as you can "file" the front blade to lower the POI to the load used.I just bury the front blade half way down at 15' and at 30' out to about 45' it is dead on.The .44 mag birdshead New Vaquero is a real hoot to shoot as it is quite accurate with all tried so far and recoil is very managible IF you let it "roll up" like all single actions.
Hikup41

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
My .45 acp finally arrived.
Took it to the range today, only had time for 50 rounds.
Dead on at 5 yds
A little low at 7 yds, but pretty sure I was flinching. I know it will get better the more comfortable I get with it.
It's a blast to shoot!

Attachments

381 - 400 of 443 Posts