Ruger Forum banner

401 - 420 of 446 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,592 Posts
I got excited when there was activity on this thread. Maybe I'm missing it...but where's the birdshead pics? After all this is the Ruger Forum Birdshead Owners Club picture gallery. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 4 digit ser# ruger 44 mag flattop,production year 1956 in mint cond with aftermarket brass lower and real stag grips any rough value estimates. I know very little about these???

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
I got excited when there was activity on this thread. Maybe I'm missing it...but where's the birdshead pics? After all this is the Ruger Forum Birdshead Owners Club picture gallery. Just sayin'...
I agree.....

Here's my recent FrankenRuger birdshead - BH in 30 Carbine. I shot it again yesterday and I gotta say this one is really a lot of fun. It'll go out for refinishing soon and should be a lot nicer looking when it gets back.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree.....

Here's my recent FrankenRuger birdshead - BH in 30 Carbine. I shot it again yesterday and I gotta say this one is really a lot of fun. It'll go out for refinishing soon and should be a lot nicer looking when it gets back.

Do the new model grip frames fit the old model frames? I like that configuration.

BTW, here's my latest Ruger. I need to geet it to the range today.

Attachments

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Do the new model grip frames fit the old model frames? I like that configuration.

BTW, here's my latest Ruger. I need to geet it to the range today.
Yes the NM frames will fit the OMs but so far I've had to do some minor adjustment on a few of the screw holes where they didn't line up perfectly. I use OEM grip frames that are unfinished (vs a take off finished frame) so there's a good bit of fitting and smoothing needed regardless. You also have to address the trigger spring issue, either adapt the OM trigger spring or use a Clements hybrid trigger or perhaps something from Power Customs. But the NM grip frames do generally fit the OM cylinder frames and make for an interesting adaptation.

·
Registered
44 Posts

My Ruger Talo Birdshead 45 acp nested in its DM Bullard Bodyguard holster. Fantastic holster for a great woods carry revolver.

·
Registered
386 Posts

My Ruger Talo Birdshead 45 acp nested in its DM Bullard Bodyguard holster. Fantastic holster for a great woods carry revolver.
VERY nice indeed.

I ordered the same color DM Bullard holster for my SS Talo .45acp but in the "combat" configuration. I prefer a little less forward cant. It should be here in about a month I guess...
:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hossbreed44,

Yes I have the DM Bullard Combat holster for my Talo Super Blackhawk....both holster styles from DM Bullard are great.

401 - 420 of 446 Posts