Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 445 Posts

·
Banned
1,197 Posts
Dunno who this belongs to, but its nice
teckhardt could you post a link to the photo or pm me the link? That's a beautiful piece of work! I am glad to see this thread attracting things like this.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
BNV-453, Model 0528 Original Vaquero with case color frame in 45 Colt.
Beautiful, Wave. Great photos too. Does this one make number 3 bird's head? (Number 4 counting your new Shopkeeper)?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Had this one stored; pulled it out today. Guess you could say it is the Boars Head's baby brother.

NAA Mini SA; 22 LR; 5 shot cylinder; 1 1/8" barrel; Holster by Milt Sparks.

Ounce for ounce; this little birdshead packs a good wallop.:)

Cheers

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Beautiful, Wave. Great photos too. Does this one make number 3 bird's head? (Number 4 counting your new Shopkeeper)?
Ummm...better to not count these things as Mrs. Waveform doesn't need to know. (And your counting is not so good as it is....) :D

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Had this one stored; pulled it out today. Guess you could say it is the Boars Head's baby brother.

Cheers
Love it! Looks like fun. From what I've read the Birdshead grip evolved from small pocket pistols (derringer, etc.) just like that.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Ummm...better to not count these things as Mrs. Waveform doesn't need to know.
Ah. I can relate to that. My lips are sealed. :)
And your counting is not so good as it is....)
Oh wow! I think I need to use all 4 fingers AND my thumb. But, mums the word. :D

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
NVBH-453A, Model 05154 New Vaquero 45ACP in blue
Oh man. This one could start a whole new run on Ruger Bird's Head Vaqueros.

Beautiful! Superb photos of it too. They really capture the beautiful lines of this little gem. And, in blue, it really pops.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Oh man. This one could start a whole new run on Ruger Bird's Head Vaqueros.

Beautiful! Superb photos of it too. They really capture the beautiful lines of this little gem. And, in blue, it really pops.
Sorry....bought the last one.

heh, heh, heh, heh....

:D

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Here's the flip side of the same Vaquero. Can't believe this gun was bought for $540.00 (Jaw dropping...) Yeah.. Where was *I* that day??
$540? Are you kidding me?!?! I would be happy to pay that for one without the nice engraving. What a deal!!

·
Registered
226 Posts

Ounce for ounce; this little birdshead packs a good wallop.:)

Cheers
Love it! Looks like fun. From what I've read the Birdshead grip evolved from small pocket pistols (derringer, etc.) just like that.
I've always heard and assumed the same thing regarding BH grip. It's a little tricky to shoot; got a pretty nasty powder burn on my right index finger while experimenting with different ways to cock, grip and fire. :eek:

41 - 60 of 445 Posts