• Rimfire Rifles

Votes: 46 22.1%
  • Centerfire Rifles

Votes: 33 15.9%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I love my CF rifles and pistols, but even with re-loading, it is still just so much less expensive to get a full day of shooting in with the rimfires.

JJ

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
As a general rule, I shoot centerfire handguns the most. However, I have been shooting a decent amount of rimfire handguns lately, due to the cost, and even though I reload. And since I got BRD, I have burned up a good amount of centerfire rifle too!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess I shoot centerfire handguns and rifles the most, but the numbers are pretty close. Plinking with the rimfires is just so fun.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Just got back from shooting. I shot 100 .22 LRs out of my MK 2, 110 rounds of 9mm out of my P89 and 62 rounds of .357 Mag out of the GP100. So, I'm still shooting more centerfire than rimfire.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I said centerfire rifles. I just have more of them to shoot. I do not own safe queens.

·
Banned
186 Posts
CF Handguns (large bore.44s & .45s) nuttin else comes close!
2nd. Place goes to my FAL. People at the range complain about the muzzle blast, so now they give me a table way down at the end by myself. I just don't understand why they don't want to be near me? Doesn't everybody love muzzle blast & hotbrass flying at them? FREAKS you just can't get away from them!

·
Registered
897 Posts
It depends on the season. Right now for spring I'm shooting mostly CF handguns cause I just got a new Bersa 9mm. Summer will be more shotgun for trap leagues. Fall will bring out the CF rifles for target work brush up and to refamiliarize. But you just can't stop breaking out the 22 bricks to run thousands thru my 10/22's and mk2's. Thats fun anytime of the year and I do it every chance I get. I always thought that "plinking" meant rimfires. I wouldn't call shooting my Mini 30 plinking. More like blasting. And just like Bozak all mine are shooters, no wall hangers, or safe queens. I actually like to clean them after, kinda relaxing.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I rarely take my rim fires out any more. But........I have a hankering for a Henery Golden Boy 22 rim fire rifle. The new gunshop in town has one that's just the right price. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. :eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wife has carpel tunnel and her .40 starts to make her wrist sore after about 25 or 30 rounds, but loves to go shooting with me ,,,, so we picked her up a little P22. Now we split a brick of .22, hers through her P22, mine through my MKIII Hunter, then on to a box of .45 through my P345 for me, and what ever she can get through comfortably with her 140 Pro.

wolfman

·
Registered
405 Posts
Most of my rounds fired are rimfire. I can shoot rimfire ammo for about the price of a centerfire primer. And, they are just plain fun.

·
Super Moderator
16,253 Posts
Shooting mostly 9mm (P95) these days due to cost of .45 & .357 ammo.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I would say I take the CF handgins out more often but probably shoot a higher count of 22 bullets just because thay are cheap.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts