Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Count Ursunk
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doc told me to take ropinorol for it.Legs give me a fit at night when I lay down.Don't have a problem during the daytime.Anybody else have a problem with this?

·
Exalted One
1,757 Posts
I was never diagnosed with it mostly because I never mentioned it to my doc, but I went through a spell of it starting around 15 years ago. Not every night - perhaps once or twice a week on average. That went on for about ten years, gradually reducing. Don't really have it now.

I never tried to make a correlation, but the worst of it was while I was commuting 3-4 hours a day, five days a week. As I voluntarily went to a 4-day work week, it seemed to diminish, then started telecommuting one or two days a week, then eventually 99% telecommuting, and as I spent less time in the car commuting, it essentially went away.

Never did any meds, and had some life style changes other than work that may have had something to do with it (like moving to a farm and all that entails, daily 1-3 hours of walking with my dog in our woods, and generally being a little more active). Also had (have) some serious health issues unrelated to RLS at about the time the RLS stopped completely.

There is likely no connection, but I'm glad it stopped because on those nights I had it, couldn't get much sleep at all, even though I was exhausted. I feel for ya!

·
Count Ursunk
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been told one of the causes of this is that your legs are not ready to lie down like the rest of your body is. I tend to believe in that way. When the involuntary leg jerking starts,the only remedy is to get up and walk around. Have had it to last for two weeks before it would stop. It can be nerve racking. Thanks for the input from anybody on this. Spending 10 minutes with the doc and he tells you to try this med and that med doesn't compare to someone who has found a good remedy that works so you can sleep. Thanks again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had problems with leg cramps hitting me. Sometimes right after I laid down, other times in the middle f the night. My Dr. had no solution. After researching on line I started taking OTC magnesium and potassium supplements. My leg cramps have fallen off dramatically, probably 95% or more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts