Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one with the Houge grips is the RIA 45GI I've added to & changed some things. The one with the wooden grips is my new RIA 38 Super. I'll work on it when the weather gets nasty & I can't play outside much. For now, it works good enough to shoot very well.I need to fiddle around & find the load that it likes the best.
:D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nice pair Kansas, I like the grips on both guns. I've thought about changing mine. I looked long and hard at the RIA Super myself but could only afford one so went with the .45, especially since I already had the dies and components to reload.
Baker

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I have wondered about the RIA guns. You don't hear much about them, one way or the other. I assume since you have two of them that you like them quite a bit.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Heard they're made in the Phillippines...those boys've sure seen enough of the original to know how to make them...all I've heard is good.....look like a handfull of mean....of course I'd pick the one with the big hole......[8D]

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by Taurus_9mm

Very nice 1911s, Kansas45. :) I've never owned one but have heard good things about them -- one of which is the price.
No doubt Taurus, Rock Island Armory is a not very well kept secret. I look for the price of these fiearms to increase like the Taurus PT1911 has. :(

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

I have wondered about the RIA guns. You don't hear much about them, one way or the other. I assume since you have two of them that you like them quite a bit.
I do like them gunman, I would have had 3 of them, but the dealer sold his last RIA 45 a few hours before I got there to pick up the 38. He also didn't have any P345's left either. Dang it!

·
Registered
842 Posts
"No doubt Taurus, Rock Island Armory is a not very well kept secret. I look for the price of these firearms to increase like the Taurus PT1911 has."

kansas, they've already gone up in my area. I haven't seen any used ones and you sure can't buy new ones at the prices quoted on other forums like THR.
Baker

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I looked at and handled a RIA at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. It is now on my list to get. I still have a Norinco 45ACP, and it still shoots nice.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Very nice. I especially like the 45. and would have no problem adding one if the opportunity came up. Good pics & Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Very nice guns kansas! I know that your PT1911 has all the extra goodies, but how does the RIA .45 shoot compared to the Taurus?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well rman, they are about the same. I liked the Taurus better at first, because of the beaver tail & the trigger work. They worked about the same. Now that I have worked on the RIA, I like it better than the PT. The RIA is more accurate, but the Taurus has better sights. I talked to my gunsmith this weekend about installing some new sights on the RIA 45, then the 38. I might try my hand at cutting the dovetails, but I'll have to buy some new files & they are costly. I think I'll just let him do it. I haven't decided on what type or brand of sights yet. Probably, if I had bought the RIA first, I wouldn't have bought the Taurus........... Naw, that's BS. I still would have bought the PT1911 just to see what it was all about! They are both good pistols. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought one of those recently in .38 super. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but upon stripping it down it seems even tighter than my 70 Series Colt and My AMT Hardballer......Got it from Centerfire Systems in versailles for $299-- they had a sale-- I took advantage!!!:D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Boy Makdaddy.
That was a good price! My 45 is tight, & both poncaguys
& my 38 Supers are tighter than that.
But tell me something, HOW THE HECK CAN YOU WAIT TO SHOOT A NEW GUN[?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts