Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Steve it is a nice looking jacket ,but IMO a inside pocket will add time which you may not have when you need to draw it! I'll stick with my IWB or OWB. But that's my 2 cents
Rich from the freezing north lol

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
:rolleyes: If you wear a jacket, why wouldn't you just carry in the front pocket with hands on ?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do that with my LCP, but the LC9s is a little big/heavy in the pocket.

I would like to keep carrying the LC9s, and this jacket might fit the bill..............just can't find a lot of info/reviews on them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I carry my lc9 in my pocket depending on where im going. I do have a leather jacket that has ccw pockets on each side on the inner and I like it . You can go in concealed in areas that are posted with out a holster on your hip.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
My riding jacket for my motorcycle has a concealed carry pocket. I looked at it and thought it was a nice extra to the jacket. I never use it because the weight of the pistol caused the jacket to sag to the left all the time: didn't matter if it was the LC380, GP100 or the SR1911. I prefer a shoulder holster instead.

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Well, I would not waste money on one of these again. I bought one from the NRA store and it is a piece of crap. Not much more than a heavy sweatshirt with zipper. It will not even work with my LCR .22 and my Bersa Thunder .380 makes the jacket look awful. You'd think SOMEONE would make a good CC Jacket that had enough foundation to carry a small revolver without it being so obvious and without having to pay an arm and a leg for it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I might have to be the guinea pig and give it a try.
After I get my IWB holster, I'll see how I like that and make a decision on the jacket.

·
Registered
103 Posts
IWB is pretty hard to beat and all you need is a loose shirt to cover it.
Does take some getting used to and I recommend you buy one with some cant built into it, makes it ride and conceal much easier. Mine is straight hung and I have to adjust it periodically, it can be annoying. Some holsters even have adjustable hang that you can fine tune the angle that it rides on your belt.
If I buy another that would be one of my primary features to watch out for.
And don't buy one made of split hide sometimes miss named "suede"
they are soft and don't hold their shape, you want full grain leather and a good reinforcement to hold the mouth open for one handed holstering. Don't buy cheap flimsy crap it's a waste of your money!
Go and watch Hickok45 he did a couple of episodes on holsters and you can see how the different ones conceal the best and easiest on and off. Great stuff there.
Gabby

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Well, I would not waste money on one of these again. I bought one from the NRA store and it is a piece of crap. Not much more than a heavy sweatshirt with zipper. It will not even work with my LCR .22 and my Bersa Thunder .380 makes the jacket look awful. You'd think SOMEONE would make a good CC Jacket that had enough foundation to carry a small revolver without it being so obvious and without having to pay an arm and a leg for it.
The NRA sent me a CC jacket when I upgraded to Endowment.
It looks very similar, I checked and it says NRA Tactical, but may be manufactured by Rothco.
I can't tell from the description if it is the same as the Rothco, but is likely the same as N L bought.
It's a nice light jacket suitable for the cooler weather in SoCal, but I'm not sure I would prefer the CC jacket pocket to my current front pants pocket.
It would be possible to put my LCR9 (in its pocket holster) in the normal jacket pocket for quick access.
We only need a jacket a few months of the year here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.