Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Range day, fired several rounds, no problem. After approximately 40 rds, gun wouldn't fire. New ammo, used many times. A very light strike visible on the primer. Firing pin???

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Yes more details needed to offer any advice.
And don't believe that theory that factory ammo can't be bad.
I've had more duds with factory than my own reloads.

Reactions: OneIsNone

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Always keep your powder dry with a muzzle loader. When you have nothing to go on you just have to make up things as you go. lol

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
It Happens !
Care to share the details , we might have some advice .
Was gun properly cleaned and lubricated ?

The reason I ask is I've "fixed" many "it wont fire" guns for others by simply cleaning and lubricating them ... it's the first thing to look at .

Gary

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,697 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We would love to offer help. Unfortunately your post gives so little information that we can't even guess. Please provide model of the gun, how it is maintained, specific ammo used, and any other details that you can provide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It Happens !
Care to share the details , we might have some advice .
Was gun properly cleaned and lubricated ?

The reason I ask is I've "fixed" many "it wont fire" guns for others by simply cleaning and lubricating them ... it's the first thing to look at .

Gary
Yes, CZ was cleaned, lubricated.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Was it only one round? Or did this happen with multiple rounds? Did you fire the gun after this round didn't? Did you try running this round through again? What bullet were you trying to shoot? And the gun info does help some.

These are the answers we need to know if it is a gun problem or an ammo problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts