Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this company?

I'm looking at their 15" free floating handguard, but would like some feedback on them.

ULS Keymod Free Float HandGuard Forend 7 9 10 12 15 Inch

They look very good for the price, but sometimes you get what you pay for......sometimes it truly is a good deal.

I like the ALG or MI brands...........but the $180-$220 price is holding me back.

Thanks for any feedback.

Steve

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
$55 on Amazon for the 15" one..........with 8-5star reviews.

But, I can't find any feedback on it online in any forums........that's holding me back from hitting the buy button.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look good, look well built, located in Texas but not sure if anything is made there.
The price is very good and tempting, just wish I would get some feedback from an actual user of one, not an Amazon review who could be anyone at all.

$55 vs $200 is a no brainer if it's of any quality at all.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
It certainly is appealing. I bought the CH for $10. I figured why not? It'll be a spare or I'll see how it holds up...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard from a guy on a local forum that has one of these on his AR. He's very happy with it, says it fits good and is very sturdy. He thinks the way I do............if it sits in a safe 300 days a year and then goes shooting in a pit a few times, you don't need to spend $200+ when the $60 will do the same thing.

Think I'm going to order one this week.

·
Registered
933 Posts
They look like a great buy! I sure haven't heard of them before but that wouldn't stop me from trying them out.

If you want a trusted name with quality Yankee Hill Machine makes a great Keymod free floated rail. The longest that they make is a 12.6" rail. I have been very happy with it. You can find them on-line even cheaper.

If you do buy one please give us all a full review.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my package in the mail today, and just got done installing it.
I ended up getting the 15" handguard for $50 with free shipping direct from Rousch Sports, the owner himself was emailing me.......very good to deal with.

Install was very good.....everything came apart easy, and I took my time putting it all back together to line everything up and make sure it was all good.

I have a Magpul foregrip and extended trigger guard on the way, should be here this weekend. Then I'm done...........LOL
Hoping to do some shooting this weekend too, see how it feels......it looks a lot better.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just joined to chime in on this because as op stated there isn't much in the way of online reviews regarding these cheap rails. I just recieved my 12" key mod and although I haven't shot with it yet, it seems well made and went on easy enough, only way I could knock it would be to say the threads had some junk in there and weren't the best I've seen , I cleaned with a wire brush and it twisted on fine, and for the price I'm not complaining. It looks great and is lighter that some other lower end rails I've held.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm very happy with mine, good fit and finish, and can't be beat for the money.

I have been shooting with it twice now, and it is very comfortable. I put a foregrip on the bottom, and it's very stable now.

Happy customer, glad I did it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts