Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should clarify. Did the RSBH ever come from the factory with a 4 5/8" barrel AND Dragoon style gripframe like the 1976 model shown it the auction link. I figured it was a custom job, but maybe it is factory.

·
Registered
977 Posts
So far as I know, all Ruger Super Blackhawks came with 7 1/2" barrels with the Dragoon style grip frame. The later shorter barreled guns had the XR-3RED grip frames.

Bob Wright

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,162 Posts
What Bob said ^^^^ with one exception. Back in '72-'73, Ruger shipped many guns with a brass grip frame that was a dragoon style. This includes 6 1/2" 5 1/2" and 4 5/8" models that normally had a round trigger guard.

I suspect someone along the way swapped the OP's round trigger guard grip frame for a dragoon style ….. an easy change that really doesn't affect value.

Here's a factory brass dragoon style grip frame on my 6 1/2" 357 Blackhawk that would normally have an aluminum alloy round trigger guard grip frame:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bob it will be interesting to see where the price goes on this one. It does look nice with that GF.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Both the 7 1/2 and the 10 1/2 had the Dragoon grip frame, as stated all shorter had the standard rounded trigger guard grip frame.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Still at $311.
7 days to go.
Wolf

What do you want to bet there is not three old fools out there that think this is a fun gun just because.....With 7 days days to go their planning out their strategies.....Now I'm not saying I'm one of them, cause I don't need this gun....just saying......

·
Registered
527 Posts
It claims that it has a replaced front sight. Poorly if you ask me. Barrel was cut?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Wolf

What do you want to bet there is not three old fools out there that think this is a fun gun just because.....With 7 days days to go their planning out their strategies.....Now I'm not saying I'm one of them, cause I don't need this gun....just saying......

Yup, wouldn’t even think that it’s going cheap with 6 hours to go. Most of the action will come in the last half hour. It’s just a couple guys getting it on their bidding list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
6 days to go.
I bet it goes for $675.
What's your guess?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
6 days to go.
I bet it goes for $675.
What's your guess?

I'm guessing 450-475. It's been altered. I could see 600+ if someone purchased it new and put a SBH grip frame on it. But I'm betting the barrel got cut down. Why else would someone "replace" the front sight?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts