Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I own a Rugar American 30-06. Are there any Modifications that you can make to this rifle? I have never done any modifications before and would like to start.

·
Banned
269 Posts
What kind of mods were you thinking? I've seen people pour concrete in the stock, change the bolt to a tatctical one, change stocks, adjust the trigger pull, get a good scope, a sling, a bipod,. Right now I'm trying to get limb saver to give me some information on a air tech recoil pad where I can change it over. The stock pad is just held in by two Philips head screws. They keep farting around and give me charts with useless information , they currently don't even have the Ruger American rifle listed. Might end up keeping the stock recoil pad, the recoil doesn't bother me, but here I set the rifle on the ground supported by the bipod, the rubber has become deformed on the edge. I hoping the limsaver is made of hard plastic.

·
Banned
269 Posts
you could change the stock, but I think that would add weight,

that was the first thing I thought about changing.

this rifle in stock form only weighs about 6 lbs.

even though I put a 'harris' bipod on mine,

it really isn't that heavy for me.

I would say get a scope that can handle the recoil of the 30-06 bullet, and stay 'zeroed'.

I've seen a scope mounted on a Remington 30-06 and it had to be 'sighted' in again, but couldn't. because the crosshairs on the scope where all of out alignment, and wouldn't zero on a paper target, that scope just wasn't well made, and couldnt handle the recoil, and was thrown away.

·
Registered
78 Posts
you could change the stock, but I think that would add weight,

that was the first thing I thought about changing.

this rifle in stock form only weighs about 6 lbs.

even though I put a 'harris' bipod on mine,

it really isn't that heavy for me.

I would say get a scope that can handle the recoil of the 30-06 bullet, and stay 'zeroed'.

I've seen a scope mounted on a Remington 30-06 and it had to be 'sighted' in again, but couldn't. because the crosshairs on the scope where all of out alignment, and wouldn't zero on a paper target, that scope just wasn't well made, and couldnt handle the recoil, and was thrown away.
What make and model scope? I want to be sure to avoid it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts