Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a Ruger #1 International in 257 Roberts as a Christmas present from my wife. Another relative had bought me some ammo and some of it is factory +P.

Is the +P safe to use?

My first post here, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yes, your rifle is safe with +P ammo. i own a older remington 722 in 257R and i shoot +P ammo and +p reloads. eastbank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies

Thanks for your replies. I'm sure I'll be posting more info and questions as I get some time to shoot. So far I went threw 40 rounds of rem factory 117g. All shots would have killed a deer at 75 yards, but no great groups. I'm using the open sights as I have not decided on a scope and rings combination yet. I'll start a new thread to address my scope thoughts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats on the new RSI #1 Kozaky. I'd like to hear more about yours when you get more range time with it. I just put the exact same gun in 257 Robt's in layaway and anxious to get it home.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a vintage #1B. in 257 Roberts. This is a heaver rifle. The actions are all pretty much the same. I have no problems loading a heavy charge of IMR4350 and a 100gr. Sierra Spitzer for 3200 fps. with excellent accuracy. Have at it with the +P's.

·
Registered
673 Posts
All No. 1 Have the Same Action

To the best of my knowledge, all Ruger No. 1s are built with exactly the same action. Some might say, over built. That is why Regan Nonneman can re-barrel and/or re-chamber any No. 1 to any cartridge your little heart desires. Here is a link to his site. Check it out.

Ruger No. 1

He did a job for me. Not changing cartridges, but rather turning my moderately accurate Ruger No. 1A in 222 into a very accurate 1V in 222.

That is to say, he turned this:

Into this:

Now I am considering buying some great looking wood to make a very special stock. Then I will be finished messing with that rifle.

I could just as easily have had the rifle turned into a 1A in 300 Win Mag, if I wanted one. All he would have needed to change would have been the barrel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts