Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ruger #1 my uncle bought in 1976 as a barreled action. The butt stick cracked in the thin wrist area right by the receiver. Was wondering if anyone knew of where I could purchase a new stock or stock set for this rifle without having to send it in to Ruger. When I call all they tell me is I'd have to send it in which I'd rather not go through the Hassel. When I do a Google search I did find a couple custom and expensive sets but I don't need anything so fancy. Any ideas where I could purchase either composite or wood stock set ? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR,
970 Posts
I watched a Youtube video one day made by Midway USA where they took an old cracked stock + returned it to it's original beauty. Myself, ain't got the talent + especially patience for anything like this, but I admire the guys that do. And, Larry's one of those guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I watched a Youtube video one day made by Midway USA where they took an old cracked stock + returned it to it's original beauty. Myself, ain't got the talent + especially patience for anything like this, but I admire the guys that do. And, Larry's one of those guys!
This would be ideal since my uncle had originally made the stock and it's some beautiful wood, I just don't see how a repair in such a thing area would ever be strong enough but I'll definitely watch the video and see what I can do. Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a great glue product called Hot Stuff that is as thin as water and will get right down into the crack. I have used it a few times with great success... Can buy on Amazon for less than $20...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a great glue product called Hot Stuff that is as thin as water and will get right down into the crack. I have used it a few times with great success... Can buy on Amazon for less than $20...
Thanks! I'll give it a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts