Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has most likely been answered before, but I was wondering if Ruger actually made 10/22 in 22 WMR as I bought a Remington 597 in 22 WMR because it was a hell of a deal and I didn't know and could find out if Ruger made on ever or had and discontinued it. So, did they evr make one ? If they did it must be discontinued because it is not listed on their site as a 10/22 model ? I also started wondering because I notice that several places sale high cap mags for it, so is it a 10/22 conversion ? Or should I be searching the gun auctions and the local used market for one ? Thanks in advance guys !

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Yes, Ruger made a 10/22 .22 Magnum for just a few years. It has been discontinued, unfortunately. I think if they could have sold it closer in price to the 10/22 they could have sold a boat load of them. Because it had a steel receiver instead of aluminum, it cost a considerable amount more.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info ! I will half to start looking for one on all the gun auctions, well one that isn't an outragous price at least. Damn Ruger bug ! It just keeps bighting ! Do you think a guy could build one with Volquartsen parts ? Or does ant one else make a receiver for the 10/22 22 WMR ? I know I have seen the barrels, bolts, trigger groups and all the other parts for them, but can't remember seeing a receiver ?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet ! Thanks guy's, it looks like I found my next build ! After I gather all of the parts I'll post a pic when I finish. Thanks again !

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that yesterday, can't bring myself to pay that much for it in stock trim, hell I could buy the new target mini 14 for that much. I think I will build my own, since Volqaurtsen said they will be producing a receiver for the 22 mag in the next couple months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts