Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am new to Ruger firearms and I just picked up my new 10/22.

I did not notice this in the store, but I now see that my rear sight is misaligned in its dovetail. However, it does seem to be in there very solidly. Is this a problem?

Should I attempt to drift it out and reinsert properly?
Should I have a gunsmith attempt this?
Should I return it?

Please advise.

Picture:
http://i.imgur.com/JKTgq.jpg

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
It appears to not have been drifted into the dovetail correctly. I would return it if possible, if not I would try and drift it out and put it back in correctly. It may be tight getting out though since it would be on a bind.
I use a brass punch for such jobs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Get rid of that sight entirely, and get one that actually adjusts. A sight that you have to hit with a hammer is not really adjustable. Even if you get your rear sight centered on the barrel, your point of aim and point of impact won't quite be the same, because every rifle is different by just enough that you have to do a bit more.

I found two sight setups for the 10/22 that work well, and you can find out more about them here.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mine had to be drifted more to center it to the barrel. Once I did that I decided to get the Williams Ace In the Hole sights. Much better sight system than the factory deal. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts