Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy of mine just bought a New Ruger 10/22 carbine model this week from Dicks Sporting Goods and on front of the stock molded into the front is a plastic hole for a sling... I have not seen this on any models until now. Does anyone know if this is standard on all models now?

Thank you!
-Mark

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't seen that before. If it's a new, molded-in attachment point for a sling swivel, it's poorly located for using the sling as a shooting aid - too far forward. But I suppose it's less expensive to manufacture than screwing in a stud at the proper mounting point.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have not seen that on a 1022 before.
I drilled my factory stock and installed some studs myself. Not too hard.

On yours there, what is at the butt of the stock for mounting the other end of the sling?

·
Registered
1 Posts
!0/22 sling mounts

I just purchased a new 10/22 and it has integrated swivel mounts in the synthetic stock. I'd like to add a sling, but can't seem to find a sling made for this. Do I need to buy certain size swivel mount attachments, and then a sling...or does Ruger make the entire sling set for this application?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think that style is a distributor exclusive. In bought a stainless 10/22 in 2016 that has the sling mount, from the Big 5 chain.

Any sort of quick detach sling mount will work with this.

·
Emperor
885 Posts
The newer Ruger 10/22 rifles with synthetic stocks come with the sling swivel studs molded in as shown.

The studs will accept any type of quick detach sling swivels like this set:

http://www.ammogarand.com/amloslsw1wif.html

You can get swivels like this many places including Amazon, ebay, Academy Sports etc. They usually come in 1" and 1 1/4" size, so if you want to attach a 1 1/4" wide sling, make sure you buy the appropriate size. Popular brands are Uncle Mike's or Braudel.

There are many types of slings of course. I like the simplicity of the USGI web sling which can be used not only as a carry sling and hasty sling, but also as a loop sling for rifle stabilization:

http://www.ammogarand.com/amm1gablcowe.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts