Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10/22 Carbine, it is nice! I am interested in a black stock that emulates the old M16 A2. I am interested in a pistol grip and regular butt plate on the stock. I don't need collapsing or folding stock, rails, etc.

Anybody know where I can find a good one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
It's called a M&P 15-22. :)

Of all the stocks available for the 10/22, I've never seen a M14/AR style stock. There are some tactical stocks that are similar, but definitely not the same.

Jeff

·
Banned
650 Posts
Check out midwayusa and eBay. You will have seen most of what is out there for the 10/22. There are some nice stocks in a scout rifle configuration and M1 look. The 10/22 just wouldn't look right in an AR type stock.

Once you compare the cost of aftermarket stocks and accessories and the many models of the 10/22 it is pretty easy to justify just buying another rifle that is configured the way you want it. With 22lr ammo being such a PITA right now it is not hard to find anything at a very good price, usually $100 below normal retail. You do have to be flexible to get that price. If you only buy guns from the corner FFL you have to pay the corner FFL price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't like most of the ARF-styled stocks, because you have so much to remove to break the rifle down for cleaning.

The only options that I have found that work for me are the Rhineland Arms Rail stock (no longer made) and the PMACA 10/22 chassis.

To break-down the rifle for cleaning using a Rhineland or a PMACA, you only have to remove the standard 10/22 takedown screw.

One option for buttstocks would be to look over the ACE selections, like this Ultra Lite.

The Rhineland is on the left, and I am currently building a rifle off of the PMACA chassis (no pics yet.) At this point, I find that I prefer the PMACA.

·
Registered
428 Posts
check out the Ruger SR-22R. I have hade one since they first came out, I too don't care for collapsible stocks and swapped out mine for an A2 all you need is the stock and buffer tube. Granted it's a full gun and not just a stock but all aluminum well built. I'm running an A2 butt stock, Mag-Pul back up sights and an EoTech.Ruger® SR-22® Autoloading Rifle Model 11134

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you change your mind to AK-74 style.... I have a krinker plinker kit available. They are no longer made and are pretty sought after. PM me if interested

1 - 11 of 11 Posts