Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The local LGS has Ruger 10/22 TD Stainless with the Kryptonite Camo stock with a flash suppressor of some sort for $329.00 on sale. I looked at one and decided to go for it because I cannot find a Ruger 10/22 tactical model with the ATI folding stock. I have looked at several LGS's I did find one that could order me one. Back to today & the 10/22TD model talk about a royal pain to find a scope that will work for my eye relief and still have the rifle broke down and fit in the TD bag!!! I do not have a $200.00 budget for a rifle scope. Two sales guys worked for at least an hour trying to find a scope that would work! I was told the UTG 3-9x32 Bug Out scope would work but at the time it was $98.00 with tax etc this would bring the TD model over $450.00! I first opted for a Simmons 22 Mag 3-9x32 scope but with it mounted on the rifle and set for my eye relief the scope extended too far forward of the action causing the butt stock/action to stick out too far so it won't fit in the bag. This is when I said forget it. Now thinking of going to the other dealer and ordering the Ruger 10/22 Tactical w/the ATI folding stock. At least then I can still fold the rifle up to put into a case with the scope mounted. Very frustrated plus now thinking the TD Model will not hold a zero very well!!! The whole reason for wanting a smaller pkg is because of having a rifle smaller like folded or TD when out camping to keep in my 5th wheel or in my UTV while out riding & camping etc.

·
Registered
253 Posts
have you tried Cabelas.
I got my 10/22 stainless with ATI folding stock, suppressor 2-25 cart mags etc.
I don't remember the price but it wasn't expensive. Besides it looks scary with the mag in it, a scope and Harris Bipod

·
Registered
81 Posts
My .02

I have a TD with the UTG Bug Buster scope (UTG 3-9x32) and it fits in the case. However my case is the older TD case (longer... less square). I only recently learned that they offer a different model case now and I have NO experience with it. Have you considered quick connect rings on a picatiny rail? I've set all my 10-22s up with the UTG picatinny rail ($8 on amazon) that facilitates Q/D scope rings. Also just saw 2 sellers, on Amazon, with the UTG priced at $68 +5 s/h.

As far as the TD holding a zero... I've had mine for 4 yrs +/- and it has held the zero without fault as have the experiences of majority of others on other rimfire forums. However, I imagine you can also find examples of it not holding but even those I've heard of/read about were fixed through Ruger.

I also own a 10-22 Talon/ITAC (similar stock 'slightly modified?' ATI folding stock).
It is also nice and I've paired it with a Nikon p-22 BDC scope on quick connect scope mounts. Again... no issues.

I guess my recommendation, given my experiences, is don't let the "Will not hold a zero very well!!!" be the reasoning to not get the TD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts