Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
How’s everyone liking the new production of the 10/22? Thinking about picking one up
I don't have a "new production" 10-22...mine was made in 2010, when I bought it. I like it fine! :love: But...I have "tweaked" it a bit. The best tweak was a Volquartsen Target Hammer, which lowered the trigger pull from impossible to 2 1/2-2 3/4 lbs.! Get one...you'll LOVE it! :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
From what I hear they are doing well as always. My newest is a 2013 Mannlicher in stainless that I picked up 9 yrs ago and it’s still NIB. At this point it’s pretty much just trading stock (pun intended) ;)

I usually don’t go for the newer ones, but if I were, for me personally, I would get the USA Shootimg Team Talo (not the take-down version) model and/ or the Ruger 10/22 Competition Green Mountain Custom Shop model.

Go to Rugers website and look them all over. From the basic to high end, they are all excellent rifles/carbines. Just pick one and jump on in :D

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
My only 10/22 (so far) is a take down from 2 years ago, and I love it. It's accurate enough for me, and reliable with good ammo or even cheap ammo when clean. Works best with the 10 round mag. The BX-25's I have are fine when the gun is freshly cleaned. With cheap ammo, they start to have issues at 50-75 rounds. The 10 round mag still is flawless up to about 120 rounds.

With CCI minimags, it has never malfunctioned regardless of mag used

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have 3 bought over the last 10 years, 3 rd one about a year ago. All have been good. I did do a DIY trigger job on 2 of them, a BX in the 3rd one. All 3 are good. The last is a Deluxe Sporter with a walnut stock. I was able to find used walnut carbine stocks for the other 2. I shot quite a bit of CCI Tactical in the first 2, haven't shot #3 very much but it likes CCI Mini Mags so will be ok with Tactical I think. Also shoot some CCI Standard in them.
I want one of the M1s if I ever find one.

·
Registered
Ruger line-up: Mini 14, 10/.22, American Rifle, SR-22, Wrangler
50 Posts
How’s everyone liking the new production of the 10/22? Thinking about picking one up
I have a new one I purchased in 2020, I have about 600 rounds through it and love it, have taken it out into the woods and taken some small game with it. I have nothing to compare it too because I don't have an old one, but mine has been reliable and accurate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a new one I purchased in 2020, I have about 600 rounds through it and love it, have taken it out into the woods and taken some small game with it. I have nothing to compare it too because I don't have an old one, but mine has been reliable and accurate.
That’s good news, you definitely should get out and try taking small game

·
Registered
Ruger line-up: Mini 14, 10/.22, American Rifle, SR-22, Wrangler
50 Posts
That’s good news, you definitely should get out and try taking small game
Yea I’ve been out hunting twice with it and I’ve made every shot and the finish and stock have held up well, I usually take my savage mark II out when I hunt because that is an actual tack driver, but the new 10/.22 competes and it’s nice to have that semi capability 👍🏻

1 - 20 of 38 Posts