Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ask the members here to contact Hogue, if you're interested in a Hogue overmolded stock for the 1022 takedown. I think if the demand is high enough they will show more interest in making one sooner. I have seen one that was moded for the takedown and they look great.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hogue overmolded stock for 10/22 TD

I want to ask the members here to contact Hogue, if you're interested in a Hogue overmolded stock for the 1022 takedown. I think if the demand is high enough they will show more interest in making one sooner. I have seen one that was moded for the takedown and they look great.
Welcome to the forum.

I like the idea, so much that I posted a similar thread last month:

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-10-22-rimfire/62431-10-22-td-hogue-overmolded-stock-interested.html

Happy to see some more interest. The more folks expressing interest the better.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The folding stock may not be legal after the upcoming gun legislation shakes out…just a thought!

Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The folding stock may not be legal after the upcoming gun legislation shakes out…just a thought!

Welcome to the Forum.

Good point. However, the idea is to get Hogue to produce a model of their overmolded stock for the Ruger 10/22 Takedown model. The currently available Hogue overmolded stocks are not folding stocks.

Hogue Rifle Stocks

It would be great to get your support by writing Hogue a letter of interest.

[email protected]

TIA. :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Good point. However, the idea is to get Hogue to produce a model of their overmolded stock for the Ruger 10/22 Takedown model. The currently available Hogue overmolded stocks are not folding stocks.
Sorry, I was thinking about my Hogue folding stock and jumped to conclusions. I agree, a Hogue over molded stock would be a nice addition to the 10/22 Takedown.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sorry, I was thinking about my Hogue folding stock and jumped to conclusions. I agree, a Hogue over molded stock would be a nice addition to the 10/22 Takedown.
No problem.

Thanks for the support. Consider voicing your agreement by sending Hogue a message of interest.

TIA.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
How about a Hogue overmold youth stock for the TD?
I think that would be perfect for me!
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a great idea. Have you sent an email of interest to Hogue?

Post back with any response..

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
contact Hogue!

Thanks!
I did send them an email right before my previous post but did not get a reply yet.
Hopefully you will get a response.

The response that I got several months ago when I broached the topic in an email to Hogue, was to wait until the (recently passed) SHOT show in Las Vegas. I would suggest, again, that if anybody is interested in Hogue producing this model of their product line, now is the time to let them know of your interest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the reply I got. :D

Yes, we do have plans to make an overmolded stock for the Ruger 10/22 Takedown Rifle. When is another question. We have many new products for 2013 done, almost or still in the works.

Feel free to contact us again say mid summer to get an update.

Thank you for your inquiry,

Best Regards,
Rosalie Joyce
Customer Service

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been trying to figure out how I can cut a Hogue to fit my TD. Would be alot easier to buy it from them.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I've been trying to figure out how I can cut a Hogue to fit my TD. Would be alot easier to buy it from them.
I hear you. I picked up one of those blue Team USA TD models last year from Sportco in Fife. I would like to save the original stock, and use a Hogue instead. There was a guy over on RimFireCentral that had modded a Hogue for his TD. He did a great job. I think that he used a miter saw for the initial cut. It seems that besides that, it would take some creative talent to properly attach the stock to the barrel end, and carve out the take-down pin slot.

I will patiently hold out for a Hogue overmolded stock model designed for the TD.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Bump!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

·
Commies Piss me Off
445 Posts
Hogue Stock