Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new in box SR 1911 Ruger 45 ss. My buddy wants to buy it. What is a fair price to sell it ? Thanks

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
If he's a good buddy sell it for less than you paid for it! Remember, what goes around comes around!

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
What do they sell for today. I see prices from $650 and up but no stock until they are $700
MSRP is $859 for the all Stainless pistols

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think I paid $690 for mine in 2012. Since then I've seen the price vary from $650 to the $730 range online. In store closer to the $730 price point as an average. That said I'd agree with smithnframe if its a good buddy $600 is a fair price, $550 would be a solid favor.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I guess that depends on you. Do you want to be without it?

·
Ironhat
287 Posts
I guess you don't like it very much. What's the issue? The feel in your hand? The trigger pull? Is it something that a g.smith could help? After all, if you sell it, you only have a pile of cash that won't buy another SR-1911. That's why I asked if there was something that you didn't like about it. Either way, happy shooting.:)

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
$652.00 at Buds, free shipping. Bear in mind, you may regret selling it.

·
Premium Member
14,865 Posts
I put 725 bucks on mine because it was a 'gotta have it'. 625-650 would be great.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess you don't like it very much. What's the issue? The feel in your hand? The trigger pull? Is it something that a g.smith could help? After all, if you sell it, you only have a pile of cash that won't buy another SR-1911. That's why I asked if there was something that you didn't like about it. Either way, happy shooting.:)
I moved from delaware to New York and having 30 hand guns was to many. I just keep my best guns. Sig X5 & X6L1 my wilson X tac and 1911 some S&W PC rev. Keep Ruger match champ

·
Ironhat
287 Posts
I moved from delaware to New York and having 30 hand guns was to many. I just keep my best guns. Sig X5 & X6L1 my wilson X tac and 1911 some S&W PC rev. Keep Ruger match champ
I'm going to have to look up those Sigs - they're not familiar to me. But, by your account, which you didn't owe me in the least, you still have a fine collection that would be the envy of anyone. Enjoy them!:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts