Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this rumor on another site; anyone heard anything about it? Would be very interesting.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Im guessing the Striker model, yes I have read this too on the other site, but yet to see proof of any of this!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm kinda' interested ina Ruger 1911. :D It just might be the best of both worlds! [8D]

·
Registered
333 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kansas45

I'm kinda' interested ina Ruger 1911. :D It just might be the best of both worlds! [8D]
I myself would buy one :) I hope they proove me wrong, but I dont think Ruger would venture down that market, like I said I could be wrong.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Aszor, I'm going to have to agree. As many Companies that is already making the 1911, I don't think ruger would venture into it, but I could be wrong. Ruger seems to be pretty unique in going their own way instead of following the crowd.

·
Registered
63 Posts
since they are cutting back to max profits.and discontuing some lines. i don't think so also. but you never know.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I believe their costs in tooling would not go up as they could use current tooling just ever slightly modified, and would think production would not be too tough either. This just from my Machining background (Not an expert). I have nothing against 1911 at all... Its just to keep things comfortable I cant see Ruger going down that path, as it is already a beaten path! But as stated before who knows, I would buy one just cause its a Ruger!!!!!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It would have a rough row to hoe. There a bunch out there that make really good 1911s that are with in the working mans range. Of course look at Taurus and the PT-111. They finally got theirs on the market and it's selling like hot cakes. Stores can't keep them in stock. From what I hear they are a dang good pistol.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since Taurus is selling PT1911s faster than they can crank them out, I'd say Ruger could make a killing by bringing out a 1911.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bestseller92

Since Taurus is selling PT1911s faster than they can crank them out, I'd say Ruger could make a killing by bringing out a 1911.
I'd fore sure buy one! They would be the toughest 1911 on the market!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by wetidlerjr

A Ruger 1911 would be OK but there would be most likely be key locks and loaded chamber indicators on it. [V]
I had a Springfield Armory 1911A1 that had a key lock on it. I never messed with the lock at all. I got rid of the Springie because it wasn't reliable enough for me, though it was a good shooter, accuracy wise.

Actually, Ruger has not put locks on their revolvers. Smith and Taurus have.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by Aszor

quote: Ruger has not put locks on their revolvers. Smith and Taurus have.
Actually Ruger does have locks on a few of there new revolvers!
I didn't know that. Which models?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Im not a revolver expert at all, but my understanding is that they are on the 50th Anniversary BlackHawk this I know forure as I just bought one, the New Vaquero I think and not sure of any others, maybe someone else could chime in.

·
Registered
377 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Aszor

Im not a revolver expert at all, but my understanding is that they are on the 50th Anniversary BlackHawk this I know forure as I just bought one, the New Vaquero I think and not sure of any others, maybe someone else could chime in.
The New Vaquero and the 50th Anniversary BlackHawk do have them.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I don't think the world needs another 1911. I'm not a fan of clones, either, even if it may be a better product/value. The money isn't an object and anything can be improved.

That said, if the rumor is true I'm sure it'll have a very Ruger spin on it and be made of investment cast steel.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts