Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone else having a problem of optics staying tight on the Lite's rail?

I have a Lite with a FastFire III (nice setup). However, no matter how hard I tighten the optic on the rail, it becomes sloppy loose after about 100 rounds. A friend of mine has the standard stock 22/45 with rails and the same FastFire and does not have the problem. However, the Lite has a think alum rail, where the other Ruger has a thicker steel rail

I am trying to figure out if it is a Ruger rail problem or a Burris FastFire problem.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Not sure how your Fastfire mounts to the rail but you might try a little "blue" loctite on the threads. I had to use it on the 3 screws that attach the rail to my MKIII. After loctite on mine, never loosened up again.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
49 Posts
+1

LocTite 242 thread locker (blue), or what we call it at the shop, grape juice,lol.

Good luck getting that thing inplace and up date us on the pros and cons of your FF3.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I just wrote an extremely extensive review on the FastFire III and my 22/45 Hunter over in the Optics section (you can find it here (WARNING: This thread is LENGTHY). I ended up purchasing the Burris Ruger Dovetail mount which requires removal of the rear dovetail. Once I tightened everything down, it's rock-solid and shoots like a dream. It's nice and low to the bore and after about 150 or 200 rounds, I don't have even a bit of movement.

The mounting kit is a little bit pricey, but well worth the money. The only downside is that you can't easily go back to iron sights, which is a bummer, but with the long battery life of the FFIII, I can't see mine failing any time soon.

If you don't want to go that route, put some blue threadlocker on the rail screws and tighten them down good. Let it sit for 24 hours and then attach the FastFire to the rail. Get it good and tight and you may even consider a little blue threadlocker on the screw for the picatinny adapter on the FF.

Let us know how you do.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
If you are going to use locktite, be sure that you clean the threads first with alcohol or a thinner that leaves no residue. I use blue on anything gun related. There a a couple big bore rifles that I use red on, but only for very special needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts