Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the following youtube video in which the owner of a 22 45 lite was having heat issues with the gun:

Ruger 22 45 lite heat build up problem - YouTube

He indicated that Ruger replaced the gun and he is not having issues with the replacement gun.

I'm thinking about buying the same gun and was curious if anyone had this problem or is this an isolated issue?

Thanks.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I saw the following youtube video in which the owner of a 22 45 lite was having heat issues with the gun:

He indicated that Ruger replaced the gun and he is not having issues with the replacement gun.

I'm thinking about buying the same gun and was curious if anyone had this problem or is this an isolated issue?

Thanks.
Got to be a very isolated problem, if there was one.
You should be able to fire a .22lr all day, and then it should only get slightly warm.
I don't believe a lot of stuff on the internet.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That had to be a very Isolated Incident.

I saw that video before buying my 22/45 LITE Mk.III

I purposely took two bricks over 1000 rounds shot that in about 3 hours, i was using a speed loader that loads 22/45 mags in less than 3 seconds (10 rounds) to the range and had 3 mags at the time.

I kept feeling the barrel after each mag was finished. I could not tell any difference in temp.

My 6-7/8" barrel all Steel Mk.II gets a slightly warm barrel, when i Rapid fire it, but it doesn't get hot either.

When I took my 22/45 LITE to the range I was not rapid firing as fast as i possibly could.

But I was Not shooting really slow either, about one round per second.

I did not take any breaks.

My barrel did not get over ambient temp, at all at any time, it did not even get warm. Temp outside was about 80 degrees

The 22/45 is very accurate and quick to get on target.

I was shooting steel plates 10"x 10" @ 30 yards

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have shot hundreds of rounds with mine without issue. I enjoy shooting it.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
Good test westgl! I also have never had my Lite get much more than ambient temp. with average target shooting. I've never shot two bricks in three hours, but if THAT did'nt warm things up, I don't know what would.

I know the OP did not ask for other comments about the gun, but allow me to say that I find it a great target gun for me and the grandkids. I put a reddot on it and out at 25 yards I can hold a 1-2 inch group shooting off hand. (on a good day)

·
Registered
49 Posts
The video was made in July, I don't have a Lite, but I have been shooting in direct sun light and had my guns get so hot I could not shoot them, ouch!
They were not hot from shooting but from sitting in the sun, I had to put them under a towel on the shooting table to keep the sun off of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The video was made in July, I don't have a Lite, but I have been shooting in direct sun light and had my guns get so hot I could not shoot them, ouch!
They were not hot from shooting but from sitting in the sun, I had to put them under a towel on the shooting table to keep the sun off of them.
You should try it in the Arizona desert if you think they get hot in Missouri. ;)

Out here we don't even have to leave them in the direct sunlight, especially when it's 110 degrees....or more. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts