Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question regarding the purchase of a 22/45LITE.

I have been contemplating buying a Ruger 22LR pistol for a long time. I enjoy shooting my LC9s but ammo can get quite expensive and I just liked the idea of plinking away with a 22. After way too many hours watching youtube videos etc. I finally decided to get a 22/45 LITE. So yesterday I went to my LGS and picked one out. Asked for a NIB pistol as I do not like the idea of getting one from the display that have been handled by many before me (just a component of my OCD "thing"). Sure enough, the sales person comes back from the back of the store with a new gun and shows the beauty to me. I notice, however, that the rail already has been installed.

I did not say anything about it at the time, but after returning home (gun is still at store, there was an issue with the background check that has been resolved ..... probably related to the fact that I also renewed my driver's license yesterday) it started to bother me a little...

So here is the question, do NEW 22/45 LITE ever come with the rail already screwed in?

I am sorry if this question has been asked before or if I have bored you with the question.... can't help myself, OCD with eternal buyers remorse is a bad, bad condition :)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
They used to come without the rail installed. Now the rail is installed at the factory. Now to answer your next question... The gun has been fired at the factory. They do not clean the bore after, so when you see a bit of shooting debris in the bore, yes, its new, and no one returned a shot gun, and you got ripped off...

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
They used to come without the rail installed. Now the rail is installed at the factory. Now to answer your next question... The gun has been fired at the factory. They do not clean the bore after, so when you see a bit of shooting debris in the bore, yes, its new, and no one returned a shot gun, and you got ripped off...
^^This^^ :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well..... my beautiful "red" 22/45 is now sharing an apartment with my LC9s. Wonder what their offspring will look like :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
My 22/45 Lite last year came without the rail attached. I had trouble keeping it tight. I had a small/medium reflex red dot attached to it. It started to spread the group out and I noticed the rail was loose. Re-installed and it worked loose again. I put blue removable Loc-tite on it. It worked loose after about 200 rounds. :confused: I then cleaned everything with brake cleaner spray and remounted it with blue Loc-tite and so far it has stayed on. :) Both of the screws are short. One of them could be longer without causing any problems but one of them is already max length. You have to take care tightening the screws because aluminum threads can be stripped easily. The top of the 22/45 lite really needs steel thread inserts installed from the factory to mount the rail.
The function and accuracy of the 22/45 has not been on par with my MKIII. :(
I have a MKIII Hunter that has rifle accuracy. :) And instead of the Lite I wish I would have bought another MKIII with a shorter barrel. I have several Rugers and the 22/45 Lite is my only disappointment. Would not buy the Lite again. But that is just me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
NIB?

Just a quick question regarding the purchase of a 22/45LITE.

I have been contemplating buying a Ruger 22LR pistol for a long time. I enjoy shooting my LC9s but ammo can get quite expensive and I just liked the idea of plinking away with a 22. After way too many hours watching youtube videos etc. I finally decided to get a 22/45 LITE. So yesterday I went to my LGS and picked one out. Asked for a NIB pistol as I do not like the idea of getting one from the display that have been handled by many before me (just a component of my OCD "thing"). Sure enough, the sales person comes back from the back of the store with a new gun and shows the beauty to me. I notice, however, that the rail already has been installed.

I did not say anything about it at the time, but after returning home (gun is still at store, there was an issue with the background check that has been resolved ..... probably related to the fact that I also renewed my driver's license yesterday) it started to bother me a little...

So here is the question, do NEW 22/45 LITE ever come with the rail already screwed in?

I am sorry if this question has been asked before or if I have bored you with the question.... can't help myself, OCD with eternal buyers remorse is a bad, bad condition :)
Yes to above and if you look closely at the barrel, it looks like it has been fired too! IT HAS! Every firearm that leaves the Ruger factory has been test fired and very lightly or not at all cleaned! In addition, if your LGS is an authorized Ruger dealer you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Put some decent ammo in it and have fun! One other caution: Make sure you read the manual and watch the YouTube vids on disassembly/assembly. The first time can be exasperating, some may even say downright maddening. Stick with it, the pistol is worth it and a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Yes to above and if you look closely at the barrel, it looks like it has been fired too! IT HAS! Every firearm that leaves the Ruger factory has been test fired and very lightly or not at all cleaned! In addition, if your LGS is an authorized Ruger dealer you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Put some decent ammo in it and have fun! One other caution: Make sure you read the manual and watch the YouTube vids on disassembly/assembly. The first time can be exasperating, some may even say downright maddening. Stick with it, the pistol is worth it and a pleasure to shoot.
Not to sound snarky, but what does this have to do with anything? Ruger will fix any product they can. They have no warranty, and even old used Rugers will get fixed, replaced, or they will offer you a discount on something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts