Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

My sister in law has an early 70's Ruger Blackhawk .357 convertible with the extra 9mm cylinder. She wants to put a handgun scope on it and I am clueless as to whom offers a decent mid range scope these days. I have an old Thompson Center that I have a Burris 2-7 on and I like that. But over the years I have lost touch with such things.

My two primary questions are Scope recommendation, and mount for the revolver.

Thanks for any help.

WS

·
Registered
524 Posts
Whadaya wanna spend? I am interested in buying a Burris Fastfire III reflex sight. That may be a good option.
For magnification, Burris, Leupold, Weaver, Nikon, Mueller....

I really like my fixed power Nikon rifle scopes.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Google Weaver 301 and you'll find the mount. I put an Ultrdot 25 on NM .45 Colt and I love it. I shot a bunch of RO loads and it holds zero just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You very much for the replies.

I am unfamiliar with the Red dot line of scopes, very interesting. The no drill mount looked good also.

I was in hopes to get some type of glass and mount for under $400 so the different suggestions are putting things in the ball park.

I want to again say thanks for your thoughts.

WS

·
Registered
685 Posts
scope and mount

send me an e-mail , I have a Tasco Pro point red dot and a B-Square "no drill and tap" mount for a Black hawk and I'd sell you BOTH for $75...............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Work got in the way of persuing the Blackhawk.

Does anyone know if the Blackhawk, the 301 mount and the Ultradot 2 are all a compatible unit?

My sister in law has a hard time with traditional scopes. Most of my guns have Burris or Leupold for glass and she has a tough time seeing with them. My thoughts are that possible a Red dot may be easier for her. I am going to take her to a big box this weekend and see if they have any for her to try. Mean while I would like to research prices on the 301 and Ultradot.

Thanks for the offer Rugerguy. I personally have never had a use for Tasco.

WS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts