Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LGS has a .44 Magnum Carbine (that's what it says on the side), for $650. Its in not too bad shape. Rear blade sight is broke in half. Little marring on the barrel in one spot. Action looks good. Stock is ok. Feels good to me as its nice and light with a smaller LOP.

Anybody have any comments/experience on the .44 Carbine. I'm going to look at it again tomorrow and get the serial number off of it. $650 seems a little on the high side to me as is.

·
Registered
129 Posts
These rifles can be alot of fun. Sounds like this one has the tube type magazine, with the loading gate on the bottom, correct? The last one I bought was 399 (in July 2012) so 650 might be a little high, depends on how bad you want it. They are kind of ammo sensitive and you should always use jacketed bullets or you can plug the gas port, then she won't run so well. Mine runs best with 240 grain factory loads. You might be able to get the sight from Numrich or I think you could find an aftermarket sight that would work. This is a very shootable rifle and I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rear sight is available at Numrich for around 19 dollars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They've also got a Marlin 1894S in .44Mag. I'm kinda a sucker for a lever action these days too. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts