Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this revolver just a figment of someone's imagination, or are they really available? My meager search efforts show no results from the two vendors listed when you push the buy now button on Ruger's website.
Maybe someone can help.....
I really would like to have one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Neon Horse. Sorry, I should have been clearer, looking for the blued 5" barrel model, Lipsey's special model #1770. My bad, I apologize.

·
Registered
271 Posts
They do exist. Not discontinued, but out of production. Bought this one a couple of weeks ago from a S&W Forum member. Very nice five-shooter. With the shorter barrel the balance is excellent.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of stock everywhere. Price is not a problem.

·
Registered
252 Posts
rickf - I became aware of the Lipsey's edition 5" blued .44 Special about a month ago. My LGS in Memphis didn't have one and hadn't seen one. They had one by the 2nd week in July. It now resides with me.
Have you tried having your LGS order one? Keep looking, they are out there.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
One Star
9,637 Posts
I thought about buying a Ruger GP 100 .44 Spl. then I thought I already have a S&W 69,i can use as a .44 Mag./Spl.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The S&W 69 is a good shooter. Fired one, don't own one. I have two Vaqueros - a 44 mag, and a 44 spl "Sheriffs", plus my GP100 44 spl 5-shot. I reload, and 44 spl is a lot more fun to reload and shoot than 44 mag. 429421 SWC's and big round holes in the target without the big flame and big recoil. The GP 100 gets rotation as my home office "at ready", besides being a good target shooter.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had my fun dealer order a 3" stainless a few weeks ago. There weren't many available. Finally got it out of waiting period jail last week.

A .430" bullet will slide through with light pressure. A .432" is a no go.

Switched the grips with my other GP. The compact grips make it a ccw option.

Had to dial down the rear sight and it shoots POA with standard pressure loads. The Skeeter Loads printed a little higher and right. Very comfortable to shoot. I'm sure it will do better as I adjust to the trigger and that glowing front sight.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I picked up a 5 inch blued as soon as they came out and got it within two weeks if I remember correctly, figured they would get hard to find real quick. Ruger will make a limited run and then will wait awhile for another batch. Good luck. My dealer has a wish list , sometimes it takes year for a "unique" item. Keep looking especially if you go out of town you might turn one up. Good to see interest in 44 special!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've really been enjoying my Lipsey's edition 5" blued .44 Special. Made a range trip yesterday and went thru 100 rounds. So far it likes a slightly reduced version of the Skeeter load (7.0 grs. of Unique with the Keith Classic cast bullet). Yesterday's trip was experimenting with different powders.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a stainless one just like the one in Justsaymo's pictures. I bought it a few months ago when the local gun shop put it on sale. I was lucky to snag it because in a very short time they were all gone. The price was so good that I'm reluctant to post it (don't want to make anyone else feel bad if they paid more). I'm ashamed to say I haven't had a chance to get to the range and try it out, but it looks beautiful, there's no end shake or wiggle, and the DA trigger is sweet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts