Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Both models are 4.2" The old model has the plunger sights and single piece barrel. The new model has dovetail front sights and a two piece barrel.
Nice. Any chance of getting a few more pictures of them ?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Banned
265 Posts
Both models are 4.2" The old model has the plunger sights and single piece barrel. The new model has dovetail front sights and a two piece barrel.
Nice. Any chance of getting a few more pictures of them ?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
I have the "old" 45 here and the new 357. The barrel/ cylinder gap can be set however ruger wants with the two piece. While the barrel won't "cant," the sleeve can be offset and may require sight adjustment. To correct for it. My 357 is actually off by less than a half millimeter, so it isnt an issue, but it can happen. The front sight can be adjusted for windage as well as the rear, so it should be perfectly accurate. The barrel is also is too thick to allow for the plunger sight apparently. The two piece barrel is tensioned at the frame and at the end by the shroud, making it inherently more accurate

The one piece barrel can have the plunger sight if that is important.

The barrel shroud on the two piece and one piece barrel have a width of .84 and .79, so the shroud is very about half a millimeter wider, but are the same size too to bottom. I think the two piece is probably heavier if for no other reason than the large shroud.

Both are incredibly accurate

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts