Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking specifically for a charger takedown in stainless steel (talo exclusive) and haven't had any luck searching with Google or gun broker. I would have posted in the classifieds but only just made this account to see if this community might have any insight on where else I could be searching or even better where to procure one. Any help would be greatly appreciatd. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm looking specifically for a charger takedown in stainless steel (talo exclusive) and haven't had any luck searching with Google or gun broker. I would have posted in the classifieds but only just made this account to see if this community might have any insight on where else I could be searching or even better where to procure one. Any help would be greatly appreciatd. Thanks in advance!
i asked my LGS (a Ruger dealer) about getting one six months ago...

no luck...

and no one makes a stainless Charger Takedown barrel - the closest you can get is a Whistle Pig Acculite aluminum-sleeved barrel in 6-, 10-, or 12-inch sizes

on the other hand, Pike and Kidd make short stainless 10/22 barrels that would fit a Charger receiver - but alas, not cut for Takedowns

good luck in your search...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
232 Posts
finally found one through my favorite LGS... will be here on Aug 1!!!!

btw, i like the Home Deport Rigid case... (i bought two, moved all the boxes to one, and it holds 3,000 rounds of .22LR in 50-round boxes!)

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
One Star
9,737 Posts
That's very nice stevenstark711.

·
Registered
79 Posts
finally found one through my favorite LGS... will be here on Aug 1!!!!

btw, i like the Home Deport Rigid case... (i bought two, moved all the boxes to one, and it holds 3,000 rounds of .22LR in 50-round boxes!)

willie

on the Gulf of Mexico
Here's a good source for precut foam inserts

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
w00t! Picked up my stainless Charger yesterday, and immediately performed the slingshot mod on the trigger (which was anodized black metal, btw?!!! not like all my other triggers)...

Then today ran a 200-round mix of CCI SV, CCI minimags, Rem Goldens, and Aguila SV without a single hiccup. Very nice.

Here's one target of 15 rounds at 25 yards using a cheap no-name red dot (the 15th round is hidden, centered in the bull under the bipod). I found that a laser bore sight saved time sighting in before hitting the range:

Extremely pleased with my Charger family...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
232 Posts
Gallery of Guns currently lists 40 in stock
that's very good news... i'm glad there are some more out there... Ruger does not list them on its web site (they were there, but no longer)...

quite pleased with mine... it's a keeper...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

1 - 11 of 11 Posts