Ruger Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 57 has run like a top with both AE and FN ammo. 400 rounds so far.

My only complaint is the trigger. Not a fan at all. Anyone know when aftermarket triggers will come available?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have sent it back to ruger 4

I have sent it back to ruger 4 times.They have replaced the slide assembly, grip assembly and barrel, they have replaced the mags twice. Now they say they cannot fix it and are replacing the entire pistol. Havn't got it yet, suppose to ship today. We will see if the new pistol doers the same thing. I still think it is mainly a magazine problem. Hopefully everyone sends them back so they will admit there is a problem and fix it.
Well I got my new Ruger57 from the factory after sending in my first Ruger 57 4 times for feeding problems. They couldn't fix it so they replaced it. New one has 200 rounds through it with no problems so far. Problem was always last round out of magazine so I have been loading just 4 rounds at a time. Have over 30 sets of 4 round through it plus a couple full mags and not one problem. Now new problem is finding ammunition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all! New to forum while researching issue with my 57. I've had mine now for probably about 4 months now. Bought it sight unseen after hearing of them... Spent a week searching for it. Embarrassed to say it; but I fell in love and am somewhat obsessed with it!! Lol.. As othes have mentioned; sights needed some adjustment. Like the trigger (although ive never been a fan of the "Glock" trigger safety). Comparing the trigger on the 57 to my Sig 365 is like night and day!!! Did have a couple of FTF and FTE (stovepipes) prior to her being run in... I estimate probably having somewhere between 12 and 1500 rounds down range on her, of which 400 or so are reloads. My biggest issue up til now is with the Federal AE. IMHO it sucks!!! Have had 5 squibs!!- Yes 5 from 3 different boxes!!! Im talking not a trace of powder burn in cartridge and wooden dowel time!!!! My today problem is surface rust on slide. Im pretty damn anal about cleaning and wipe downs... I use it as a daily "glove box" piece for my commute. I carried her in last night in my back "mexican style" sans holster sweating like crazy. Hey its hot in SC!! I DID NOT WIPE HER DOWN.. Tonight I got slide rust... Should i have wiped her down?? Probably so... All my other guns get same treatment....an inspection/wipedown 2-3 times a week.. The Kimber Pro Carry that i brought in ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF BACK AT SAME TIME DIDNT RUST... I have/had all different manufacturers of firearms over the years. AND IM NOT KNOCKING RUGER BY ANY MEANS!!! Just curious if anybody else has had this with their 57????
Thx!!! JW

41 - 43 of 43 Posts