Ruger Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts
I have no idea what type of trigger is in the OP’s rifle or if the trigger is designed to be adjusted. I do not know if the trigger was adjusted after it left the factory. The OP did not provide that information in his post. Nor do I have definitive and categorical personal knowledge of all trigger types and models. If there are triggers that cannot be adjusted too light to be safe I’ll take your word for it.

During a lifetime of shooting experience I have learned that there are, or were, adjustable triggers that can be mis-adjusted, made too light, and become unreliable and dangerous. I have seen this personally. Remington returned recalled rifles with triggers set at noticeably heavier release weights in an attempt to correct their issue.

Triggers can wear, break or otherwise malfunction over time. Since I personally experienced the discharge of a firearm when I closed the action I‘m going with lesson learned, not internet opinion. My discharge occurred in the field with the firearm pointed in a safe direction so no harm was done. And I had lightly lubed the firearm before going to the field. Lube did not cause the discharge but may have been a contributing factor.

I do not trust mechanical firearms safeties to be 100% reliable and am aware that mechanical failures have caused accidental discharges. Loaded firearms need to be treated as such and handled safely.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.