Ruger Forum banner

Ruger 6.5 on this years buck

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Corndog 
#1 ·
First kill with the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor acouple of weekends ago. Using Factory 140 grain Fusions. The rifle is the Cerrakote/GoWild Camo version, and I've been really pleased how accurate it is.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats, that’s a nice buck. I haven’t seen any 6.5’s that shoot poorly, it’s a good combination of case capacity, shoulder angle and ballistic coefficient.

#8 ·
nga, I know you're asking the OP but I don't notice the brake on my RPR making it any louder in a hunting situation. I personally don't hear a thing when I pull off a shot. Now when shooting steel or paper it's dang loud, especially if you're shooting off a tailgate........ask me how I know.

#11 ·
That’s a nice buck good looking rack......I use an American in 308 ,what’s not to like it’s an inexpensive light and accurate (sub moa) sporting rifle available in all the favorite calibers..have taken a few deer with mine . It’s taken the place of my Winchester 30-30s because of the need for optics these days. I do miss the speed of the lever though.

Op will you have that deer head mounted looks like a decent one.

#14 ·
Going to have the buck mounted- shoulder mount.
Don't really notice the brake- I will not even shoot suppressed 22s without hearing protection now that it's too late :)
No full pass-through. Gelled the lungs up pretty completely.

#17 ·
NICE DEER!

You need to rotate your target picture, lest we think you are sighted in 1.5 inches left.

A buddy of mine bought a package deal Savage in 6.5 Creedmore for this Christmas. It was $275 complete with a decent Bushnell scope. It has a beautiful factory camo stock with the new accu-trigger.

I mounted the scope for him and we took it to my hunting farm. For a cheaper rifle, the Savage shot extremely well. So well in fact, I may need to buy another caliber now.

This gun has to be the bargain of 2019. I like my MK II 30-06 better, but for the money....wow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.