Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that it will give you a 2-3 lb trigger pull. Has anyone installed or had installed the Ruger 77/357 Volquartsen Trigger Mod. I am considering it to improve target accuracy. Right now my best group is about 6 ins at 100yds. I'm looking for some of your comments.

Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
fshfindr,

I have recently installed bolt shims, trigger shim AND a Volquertsen target trigger sear.

Awesome huge change.

In fact the trigger was so light, that yesterday I took out the spring that comes with the Volquertsen target trigger sear and replaced it with the factory spring.

Now it seems about right, but before the change I did have some unexpected discharges during my last testing session. Trigger was great, but just too light. I'd guess at less then a LB.

I shoot cast bullets, so anything close to 2 - 3" at 100yds will put a deer down.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

·
Registered
53 Posts
I installed the Volquartzen trigger about a year ago. It makes a tremendous difference in the 77/357. I love it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed the VQ sear and spring last week. Very light trigger, I cant measure the pull but I would guess less than 2 lbs. I think it is very good. Now what else can I do to improve accuracy?

·
Registered
86 Posts
It took all of 15 minutes to install my VQ sear and spring. Excellent trigger pull and the best bang for your buck with the 77/357.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts