Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ruger 96/22 in 22LR................

who owns one? how are they workin' out for ya?

i've spoted a nice one at a shop for $225.00 with a cheap simmons scope on it----guess-ta-mate around an honest 90% condition but as ususal, flat broke for a while.

Are these guns holding up well for thousands of rounds?
Doing any types of tricks to the triggers to make them better?

Not talkin' a match gun here, just a good field gun---but the trigger on this one was terrible..........

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I'm also interested in a 96/22LR. I saw a picture of one with a scant stock. How are these rifles?

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I'm also interested in a 96/22LR. I saw a picture of one with a scant stock. How are these rifles?
I've seen a few of them, not wild about the modified 10/22 action, so I never bought one. I've long wished Ruger would make a more tradition lever action, in all the calibers their SA revolvers come in. Would make great pairs to own.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I had one in 22mag and it was great. Biggest firearms related mistake I'v ever made was letting that one go.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have one. It's about like a 10/22. Shoots about the same and triggers are bad. Sent mine to TT Shooter. Now it's got a much better trigger. Don't like the way the lever has to be down a little to remove the magazine. Fun little gun.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Got one, lots of fun for a little barrel plinkster very accurate to 50+ yards shop stock with no tweaking required. Some like em, many say butt ugly as nay a real lever look, but I like em my 96m is a great fun field shooter. Down here 10/22 semi now not legal but the lever the 96 is, so it filled the gap so very very popular any 2nd hand listed dont last a day. Ruger should bring em back will sell like hotcakes to Oz rabbiters.

Yup triggers a brick in both but I not yet found cause to lighten up.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Put a 4-14 x 40 leupold vx3 on mine last month workin just nice now. that trigger still a brick but its a feild shooter nothin more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts