Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<Hello all I am a new user to this forum and I have a question concerning my wife.s new Ruger 9E that was just recently purchased. While shooting it for the first time she experienced probably 4-5 misfires and 2-3 stovepipes while using Federal's American Eagle ammo. Has anyone heard of this problem concerning this ammo or does the gun have an issue? She put several round of the standard Federal Premium through it with no issue and also several rounds of the the Federal aluminum case through it with no problem. Have not tried any other ammo. Thanks in advance for all the replies to this issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Without knowing more...

American Eagle is slightly less powerful than most "full house" ammo. Same for WWB and "target" types of Remington, etc etc.

My first inclination is you've got a new pistol whose recoil spring is yet pretty tight, lower powered ammo, and a female shooter. I can see this scenario leading to problems as you describe. I wonder if she also had a failure to lock back the slide on the last round too?

No offense, please, ladies. Just pointing out that most of the softer half of society has less body mass, less muscle strength, especially in the hands and arms, and so it does have an effect on things at times.

Have her shoot the snot out of the pistol with powerful ammo, and it will probably cycle the "target" ammo fine after a few boxes of "the good stuff".

·
Registered
589 Posts
I agree with everything started above, except the OP also stated mis-fire's which could mean for one example dirty firing/striker channel. This gun may need a good cleaning and lube as a starter

JMHO

Joe

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have you cleaned the striker chamber of the pistol. I also would recommend a extra power striker spring from Galloway Precision.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was taking misfire as those instances where you get the same (spent) case right back into the chamber. Either no click, or click no bang, but.... it was unsaid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
mine did that in the beginning I called Ruger and they suggested cleaning it again and put good coat of oil on every working part. then go back to regular cleaning after firing awhile. Worked perfect, seams as the new parts may be a little tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts