Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally took the plunge and traded for Ruger's version of the Glock. Ruger 9E, pretty much a SR9 without the dreaded loaded chamber indicator. Shot about 100 rounds through it, zero malfunctions. I actually kind of like it. Don't tell nobody though!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Got mine a little while back and like it very much.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congrats on your New 9E, Had mine several months. Had several FTE at first, After several cleanings all has been well for the past 500+ rounds.. I just added TALON grip tape and WOW what a difference!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats on your New 9E, Had mine several months. Had several FTE at first, After several cleanings all has been well for the past 500+ rounds.. I just added TALON grip tape and WOW what a difference!
I couldn't believe the difference the Talon grips made in the feel, just outstanding. I have not had a single problem as yet, even when I had range time right out of the box as shipped. I agree, after a good cleaning it shot even better.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ruger 9E, pretty much a SR9 without the dreaded loaded chamber indicator.
Congratulations, and I'm sure the 9E will serve you well.

As far as the "dreaded" LCI is concerned, don't tell anyone but many of us, myself included] love it [the LCI]. :)

Matter of fact, I traded my LC9 in on a LC9S. Love the LC9S and don't want the LC9 back ... but I miss the LCI. :( That "dreaded" LCI is a feature that could come in real handy in certain circumstances and doesn't hurt a thing. I didn't buy the SR9C or the LC9S to look at. But I do think both, especially the SR9C, are beautiful regarding both form and functional.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Other than the trigger there is nothing about a 9E that is like a Glock. If you want to know if the 9E is loaded just touch the extractor. The extractor on most pistols sticks out past the slide when there is one in the chamber. The 9E will grow on you, trust me. My neighbor has a 9E. The first few times I shot the 9E the slide felt like a camper shell. Once I got used to the 9E it is a good work horse.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 9E is on order. The LGS sold out since I looked at them last week. Thanx for the link for mags.

·
Registered
446 Posts
New to the forum, and am seriously thinking about the SR9E. QC wise, is there anything to complain about in comparison the SR9?
Thanx.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It is not quit as fancy has less tooling but IMO Looks better !
You only get 1 magazine not 2 But check out links above you can get 2 mags around 45$
and you get a cardboard box not a plastic case.. I got a Ruger case on E bay w/ pinky extension and mag loader 20$ so with the extra mags and case
(I wanted the Ruger case I'm anal lol) not really worth it! I am around the same price for my E as the SR9 ! Would I buy a 9E again w/1 mag and but the 2 pack of mags Yes, I like the looks of the 9E better! the 9E and SR9 share most of the parts other then the slide. I bought a shooter and carry gun not a show piece :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
New to the forum, and am seriously thinking about the SR9E. QC wise, is there anything to complain about in comparison the SR9?
My suggestion, go to a local gun store where both the SR9 and the SR9E are available. Handle both. Examine both. Examine what you get for the extra $$. Perhaps even find a gun range where you can shoot both. Ask a lot of questions from several people who own and shoot both models.

By handling and even actually shooting both models you will have a far more informed opinion than you will ever have by just asking people questions. Not to discourage you from asking questions, but a little personal experience takes you where no amount of asking questions every can. You may even want to compare the SR9C with the other two while you're at it. Doesn't cost anything to look and feel.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My 9E is great! Looks nice, shoots great! I sent the barrel back initially due to an inclusion in the casting, but they were good about it. Didn't cost me anything. I sent it back after they sent me a new one. That's the only issue I had with mine. The few malfunctions it did have, I believe we're ammo and user error. I lost track of how many rounds its been shot. Probably around 900. Seems like all malfunctions were within the first 500 rounds also.
I have a Hogue Handall sleave on mine and it fills the hand nicely. A bit bulky for carry though. I might try the rubber Talon grips.
Overall I really like the 9E. It's just a bit big for summer carry.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My 9E is great! Looks nice, shoots great! I sent the barrel back initially due to an inclusion in the casting, but they were good about it. Didn't cost me anything. I sent it back after they sent me a new one. That's the only issue I had with mine. The few malfunctions it did have, I believe we're ammo and user error. I lost track of how many rounds its been shot. Probably around 900. Seems like all malfunctions were within the first 500 rounds also.
I have a Hogue Handall sleave on mine and it fills the hand nicely. A bit bulky for carry though. I might try the rubber Talon grips.
Overall I really like the 9E. It's just a bit big for summer carry.
I had the Pachmayr sleeve on mine
Pachmayr&reg Pachmayr your primary source for quality handgun grips and recoil pads And also think the 9E is a big CCW gun! It carries great in my Alien Gear IWB holster but for warm weather I wanted smaller and lighter so I picked up a S&W 9mm Shield, picked up some Talon Rubber grip tape and after installing the Talons on my Shield I got a set for my 9E WOW big difference with the Talons on,, Like it was made that way,, You will like the Talons :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
I like my 9e but shoots left and rear sight is not adjustable. Ruger says it is by unloosening the set screw and banging the dovetail to the right. But I can't budge the thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great prices at both of those sites. I bought a 2 pack from BS and will give OGS a shot and get a 2 pack from them.

Love my Ruger.

We own 4 now.

AR-15-22
LCP380
SR9

I did just pull the trigger on the GP100 Match Champion and loving it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I couldn't believe the difference the Talon grips made in the feel, just outstanding. I have not had a single problem as yet, even when I had range time right out of the box as shipped. I agree, after a good cleaning it shot even better.
I first got the Talon for my Shield loved it the got it for my 9E Best 17$ spent :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts