Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up yesterday. I let the last two .44's slip through my hands at the local gun store, one being a Super Blackhawk Talo edition and the other a 7 1/2" barrel Redhawk. When I saw this one on the shelf I didn't hesitate. I wound up doing a straight swap trade for it with two other guns I had but never used. This is only the second double action pistol I have owned and right now it's my favorite...until the next one comes along.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is it with that short of a barrel with the mag. Rounds seems like it would loose a lot of the energy right out the end of the gun

So what are you getting at?
It does. But I'm sure it will do a better job of stopping a bear quicker than my .45 auto.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Ruger Alaskans are just plain fun to shoot. I think Ruger worked hard on this line of revolvers and the triggers show it. Enjoy yours and be glad the other two got by you because I personally think you got the one that will give you the most fun.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ruger Alaskans are just plain fun to shoot. I think Ruger worked hard on this line of revolvers and the triggers show it. Enjoy yours and be glad the other two got by you because I personally think you got the one that will give you the most fun.

I believe I would have to concur with you on that one. Can't wait to shoot it!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
If the grips aren't to your licking here's a possible alternate for you. This is mine with a set of the compact grips and custom panels.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Here's a picture with the full size Lett grips and a Trailmaster holster. These grips are very comfortable to shoot with.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the grips aren't to your licking here's a possible alternate for you. This is mine with a set of the compact grips and custom panels.

Those look similar to the grips I had on a GP-100 twenty some years ago. They look good on stainless.
I do like the feel of the Hogue grips. I have them on several guns.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a picture with the full size Lett grips and a Trailmaster holster. These grips are very comfortable to shoot with.

Nice. I really like the holster. His web site is not functional but checked out his face book page. I like a few styles he has and going to give him a call.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Picked this up yesterday. When I saw this one on the shelf I didn't hesitate. I wound up doing a straight swap trade for it with two other guns I had but never used. This is only the second double action pistol I have owned and right now it's my favorite...until the next one comes along.
Congratulations, enjoy.
One of my quotes (bold print)..... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.