Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ruger Fans.

I have a close friend that wants to sell his Alaskan to me. What is one in real good shape going for today? I want it as cheap as possible, but since he is a really good friend, I don't want to hurt him too badly.

It's already had a spring and trigger tune up and it is an awesome shooter. I know this because I did the tune-up and got to shoot it first. :p:p

Steve

· "The Real Deal"
10,939 Posts
I'd say most go for $1100 and up, since they aren't as easy to get as others. I've seen them go as high as $2000. They are a good pistol , the 454 full bore loads are stout, but no where near a 500 smith, or smith air weight 44 magnum in titanium. It's not for everybody, but I won't let lose of mine.

Being he is a friend, I'd probably give him more for it since he is a friend, a good friend is more valuable than money. Better that than loose an ally. Money comes and goes, trusting friends built over many years are harder to acquire. Just how I my priorities were instilled in me growing up.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I bought the Alaskan AND an LC9 he had used as his DCG. We both carried one for years but went to a Sig 365.

AND I bought a brand-new Stainless Mark IV Target my LGS ordered for me. I really expected the MK IV to take several months to come in. I'm glad to have it now to shoot it before riding season starts and I don't have time to go shooting.

I posted pics in the Photo section.
Steve

· Registered
1,404 Posts
I understand you don't want to jeopardize the friendship but friendships don't run on fair market value. Ask him what he wants and factor everything in. Does he need the money, is it a reasonably informed decision, did he shoot it much, is he going to miss it. Agree on a price and move on with your life. Don't over complicate things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts