Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new out of the box I notice the 10 round Mag is difficult to insert and remove. (need to operate the Mag release to get it to go in easily)

Ran a bore snake down the barrel, oiled the bolt and took a few different brands of ammo to the range and nothing feeds well, all jumping up at too steep of an angle as the Mag appears "loose" or incorrectly seated and "drops" a few mm at the front when trying to clamber a round.

It's going back tomorrow, plan to try the fit of additional Mags at the store to rule out a fault there....
What is the likely outcome?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Brand new out of the box I notice the 10 round Mag is difficult to insert and remove. (need to operate the Mag release to get it to go in easily)

Ran a bore snake down the barrel, oiled the bolt and took a few different brands of ammo to the range and nothing feeds well, all jumping up at too steep of an angle as the Mag appears "loose" or incorrectly seated and "drops" a few mm at the front when trying to clamber a round.

It's going back tomorrow, plan to try the fit of additional Mags at the store to rule out a fault there....
What is the likely outcome?
You may need to adjust the tension of your 10 round mag. I had one get "loose" on me once and it was difficult to insert and caused feeding problems. Broke out the directions, adjusted it properly and has worked great ever since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may need to adjust the tension of your 10 round mag. I had one get "loose" on me once and it was difficult to insert and caused feeding problems. Broke out the directions, adjusted it properly and has worked great ever since.
Gun Store was also of the belief that his one is faulty, tried additional new Magazines, actually fed worse, so first step... new stock to be fitted, if that fails....they are sending it back.

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is the point where it is obligatory that someone tells you to send it back because Ruger Customer Service is fantastic and that they will fix it (maybe not on the first try but.... eventually).

RCS should indeed be fantastic, they get a phenomenal amount of practice!

Bruce

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine did this too. It was because the front bedding block and rear bedding block were slightly out of spec/alignment. I shimmed the rear one with some aluminum tape, and we were golden.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine did this too. It was because the front bedding block and rear bedding block were slightly out of spec/alignment. I shimmed the rear one with some aluminum tape, and we were golden.
Yeah closer inspection it seems the front block sits a touch high, not allowing the Mag to seat far enough in to lock (thus also move forward) leaving a good gap between the stock and the front of the Mag.... LGS is going to swap it out....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts