Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the forums here. I have the opportunity to our base a new ruger American 45 acp, I have always loved the gun and considering buying it instead of a 1911 as a sidearm to my new m-1a. My question is that I wanted to capability to convert my 45 acp to shoot 45 super as well. I have found plenty of options for parts for 1911s (recoil spring of 25# etc), however I am having a heck of a time looking for it in the ruger American. If I can find a way to do it I will most definitely go with the american. I would love any input on this if anyone is familiar with or has done this to their american. Any and all advice is appreciated, but please don't recommend other firearms as I am decided between my two above answers. Thanks all!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
MrGrizBear...welcome aboard!
I did a Gen 4 Glock 21 conversion to .45 Super, after market barrel + 24# recoil spring, and I absolutely love it!
I've considered building a 6" 1911 Fusion Firearms kit in .45 Super...but haven't pulled the plug yet!
In the Ruger American, I've never heard of anything (increased recoil spring, etc.) that is available for a conversion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.