Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a Ruger American Duty with the manual safety in 9mm. I added a Crimson Trace Rail Master and now I would like a leather holster for it. It needs to be an OWB. I’ve looked online at several places and can’t find one. Surely someone else has fought this battle before me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just acquired a Ruger American Duty with the manual safety in 9mm. I added a Crimson Trace Rail Master and now I would like a leather holster for it. It needs to be an OWB. I’ve looked online at several places and can’t find one. Surely someone else has fought this battle before me.
You're going to find it nearly impossible to find a Level III duty holster for your American, or, any other Ruger for that matter. The holster manufacturers to a large degree control sales of gun manufacturers. If you can find 20 different duty holsters for a duty Glock, but 0 zero holsters for a Ruger duty weapon, which weapon are you going to buy?? Kind of a no brainer, Ruger needs to start talking to Safariland, Blackhawk, and Desantis, or suffer greatly in trying to convince LE, and Security Officers that they produce a real product. How can you take Ruget seriously when you buy one of their full size guns and then have to shove it down your pants. C'mon Ruger back your customers like they back you, or watch your small market share stay that way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tex
Try R. Grizzle leather . I carry a Colt New Agent 3" 1911 45ACP with CT Laser grips , fits my pistol like a glove . It's OWB not a bulky holsres , holds the shape and keeps it close to the body, my favorite holster and I've been through many. When you get the right one you know it. Hope I Helped.
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts