Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new American in 223. Bought a spare magazine also. My question is, they are supposed to hold 5 rounds. Both mags accept 6, and feed and function perfectly. Anyone else find their mags do this?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Would love to hear a range report and see some pics on this gun. Yes it's been done before, but I think having more than one as well as difference in perspective offers credibility to the American platform.
Please indulge me.

Thanks,
Wasp

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasp, I'm currently waiting for a set of rings to arrive. Will be putting either a Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 or a Nikon 3-9x40 Prostaff on the rifle. Havent decided yet.
Will post some pictures when the package is assembled. Hoping time will allow me to get to the range sooner, rather than later.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mag on my .556 RAR ranch holds 5, I've read they hold 4 or 5 but never 6. Sounds like a bonus!! Am I the only one that would love a 10rd mag??

I have a 2-7X Vortex on mine and love it.. 3-9X would be better for 200+yds imo.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mag on my .556 RAR ranch holds 5, I've read they hold 4 or 5 but never 6. Sounds like a bonus!! Am I the only one that would love a 10rd mag??

I have a 2-7X Vortex on mine and love it.. 3-9X would be better for 200+yds imo.
I would like a Ten round mag also.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Scope went on today. Need a range trip
My only issue with the rifle has to be the stock. I realize its a budget priced rifle, but, this stock belongs on a toy. Its that pitiful.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Wasp, I'm currently waiting for a set of rings to arrive. Will be putting either a Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 or a Nikon 3-9x40 Prostaff on the rifle. Havent decided yet.
Will post some pictures when the package is assembled. Hoping time will allow me to get to the range sooner, rather than later.
TJ - if you havent done it yet, i put a Prostaff 3-9x40 on our new RAR .308 All Weather Compact, and love it... granted we havent had an opportunity to stretch its legs outdoors yet, limited to 50yd inside... but its adjustability is great.

this is our first large cal rifle, and wow... a .308 has some ka-pow.

i would also like a 8-10 round mag for ours.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
couple pix of ours with the Prostaff

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Scope went on today. Need a range trip
My only issue with the rifle has to be the stock. I realize its a budget priced rifle, but, this stock belongs on a toy. Its that pitiful.
That looks like the 2x7x32, thats the scope I have on my RARR 300blk. and also on my 300 blk AR. I'm really happy with the performance of that scope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts