Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well carried my new RAP in 6.5 creedmoor to the range today. I had hornady 120 and 140 factory loads to try out. All I can say is I'm extremely impressed ! All shots were at 100 yards, 1st group is 6 shots 3 120's and 3 140's. 2nd group is my group with the 120's. It was a quick range trip just to test the gun mainly next time I'm gonna get all into it. But I'm amazed at how well this ugly and cheap gun shoots lol I think I love it. I wanted a cheap gun that I could hunt in bad weather with and not feel bad like I do with my expensive guns. This thing shoots circles around most of my expensive guns. uploadfromtaptalk1440364163023.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1440365035906.jpg

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
I was just looking at one of these in 6.5 Creedmore last week. Thanks for the peek. So far I have bought three Americans, a Ranch model in 5.56, a compact in .223, and a full size in .270. Everyone shoots well beyond their price point. Great caliber for the money.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last night after I got it I had to file the left side of the stock down some it was touching the barrel some. Stock is very flimsy but apparently good enough. I'm very satisfied no doubt.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure it does I'm owned the 260 rem. And a 6.5x55 I'm a dedicated 6.5 guy now. I don't even mess with my others now. Killed a bunch of deer with the Swede and 260. 130 accubonds, 140 sst, 140 hornady sp, 120 ballistic tip all pass throughs. I'm a firm believer in the penetration of 6.5 mm bullets regardless of velocity. Can't wait to try the creedmoor on some deer this year

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Wow. Great shooting. I need to get busy with my Creedmoor!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took the creedmoor back out again today and still very impressed. I screwed up one group by rushing through it cause I was hot and tired, and that group still went 1.08. So I'm ecstatic over this rifle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts