Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Ruger Americans. They're a great (inexpensive) way to try out new cartridges. I just picked up a Predator in .204 as well as this Ranch in .300 BLK. I have to say that I very much enjoy shooting the subsonic rounds. For those that are curious, the recoil on the subsonic and supersonic rounds is still very similar. It's very light, and would be a great kids round. I will be acquiring a centerfire suppressor in the near future to work along side my Sparrow SS.

I've not done any shooting for groups yet, but I'm confident it will be more than sufficient for sub 100 yard deer harvest. I can comment on the quality of 3 types of ammunition I've put through it though...

Remington UMC 220gr OT FB (subsonic) - All of one box fired, but on three rounds, the primer impact is twice as deep as the rest.

Remington UMC 120gr OTFB (supersonic) - Three rounds of a box did not fire on the first primer strike. One of those three rounds fired on the second primer strike. I could not get the last two of those rounds to fire at all with multiple primer strikes. JUNK.

Remington 220gr OTM (subsonic) - All of a box fired just fine on the first primer strike and primers appear well. Also appear to be the more consistently accurate of the three Remington loads.

I will not be purchasing any more of the Remington UMC ammunition.

Attachments

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nice score.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have the rem model 7 modified by acc and bought it not for subsonic use, but for a light carry woods rifle. i bought 500 reworked 223 cases off the internet that are reformed,deprimed and full lenth sized and reload them with 17.5gr win 296 and 125 gr nosler BT bullet by seating the bullets with the 762x39 seating die, these loads shoot less than one inch 3 shot groups at 100 yards with a 2x7 compact leupold scope. i am on the look out for a set of 300blk dies, but i am not in a hurry as i have the 500 cases to go thru before i,ll need them. these were the last two shots at 100yds before going into the woods, i did move the poi a little to the right. eastbank.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have the rem model 7 modified by acc and bought it not for subsonic use, but for a light carry woods rifle. i bought 500 reworked 223 cases off the internet that are reformed,deprimed and full lenth sized and reload them with 17.5gr win 296 and 125 gr nosler BT bullet by seating the bullets with the 762x39 seating die, these loads shoot less than one inch 3 shot groups at 100 yards with a 2x7 compact leupold scope. i am on the look out for a set of 300blk dies, but i am not in a hurry as i have the 500 cases to go thru before i,ll need them. these were the last two shots at 100yds before going into the woods, i did move the poi a little to the right. eastbank.
Pretty good idea using the seating die from the x39 dies to make your rounds. I use the rcbs small base dies AR series for mine and a mini chop saw to work the 556 brass. That rifle shoots very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts